Author Topic: Surge Pricing For Power On The Way  (Read 470 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Surge Pricing For Power On The Way
« on: April 17, 2024, 10:53:41 am »
Surge Pricing For Power On The Way
APRIL 17, 2024

By Paul Homewood

h/t Philip Bratby

Probably the worst kept secret of the year:

Smart meters and other energy appliances such as heat pumps will be equipped with a surge pricing function under plans being put forward by ministers.

The proposals under consultation by the Department for Energy Security and Net Zero (DESNZ) would require a string of devices to be “smart” by default, allowing them to take advantage of so-called time of use tariffs.

As an example of surge pricing, these tariffs charge households more for electricity when demand is highest and less when it is lower.

Supporters argue they could lead to household savings if appliances or electric cars are programmed to only draw power when prices are low.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2024/04/17/surge-pricing-for-power-on-the-way/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Surge Pricing For Power On The Way
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 10:54:33 am »
Coming soon to your neighborhood! :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 01:24:09 pm »
I predicted this years ago when smart meters were first jammed down homeowners throats...these things enable the government to directly control your HVAC systems, overriding your preferences. 
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2024, 02:27:30 pm »
 ////00000////

So, this inflation thing is only going to get worse?

Looks like grandma will only be able to afford to use her oxygen concentrator at night.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.