Author Topic: Climate Change and Volcanoes  (Read 304 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate Change and Volcanoes
« on: April 17, 2024, 10:23:51 am »
VOLCANOES
Climate Change and Volcanoes
9 hours ago Guest Blogger 15 Comments

Michael Kile

In an age of increasing hyperbole about natural phenomena it had to appear sooner or later: an alarmist claim that “climate change” (CC) was, could, can or is causing more intense volcanic activity on planet Earth.

So it was no surprise that a BBC WS CrowdScience team – presenter Caroline Steel, producer Emily Bird and editor Cathy Edwards – attempted last month to answer this question: “Could climate change lead to more volcanic eruptions? How will a heating planet affect volcanic activity?”

We spend a lot of our time thinking about climate change, but listener Paul [from near Blackpool, United Kingdom] has a question that isn’t usually part of the conversation. He wants to know whether a hotter atmosphere will affect how often volcanoes erupt, or make them more explosive when they do. (CrowdScience audio, 3 min.)

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/04/16/climate-change-and-volcanoes/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Climate Change and Volcanoes
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 09:48:46 pm »
a BBC WS CrowdScience team – presenter Caroline Steel, producer Emily Bird and editor Cathy Edwards – attempted last month to answer this question: “Could climate change lead to more volcanic eruptions? How will a heating planet affect volcanic activity?”

Sumthin' tells me that they have this 180 degrees wrong.

As the eruption of the Hunga Tonga volcano proved, the questions should really be:
- how does volcanic activity impact heating/cooling of the planet?
- will more volcanic eruptions contribute to changing weather patterns?

Looks like another possibly "impacting" eruption getting under way in Indonesia right now...