Author Topic: Gov. Newsom and California show why liberals can't be trusted with the economy  (Read 255 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Gov. Newsom and California show why liberals can't be trusted with the economy
Opinion by Nicole Russell, USA TODAY • 31m •

California was once the wonderland where dreams come true. From Disney and Hollywood to its lush landscape and powerful politics, it seemed like a utopia of diversity, forward-thinking ideas and the picture of economic health.

California’s per-capita income and gross domestic product were soaring thanks to a thriving agricultural industry, a booming tech sector and what was then lower unemployment rates. In 2022, the state had the fifth largest economy in the world, boasting a higher GDP than most developed countries.

More millionaires lived in California than ever before with data showing their number grew 66% from 2019 to 2021.

As California slowly adopted more progressive policies, even right-wing America had to nod to its thriving economy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/gov-newsom-and-california-show-why-liberals-can-t-be-trusted-with-the-economy/ar-BB1lLFkA?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=66007963eb2d4404932062a464b0a75e&ei=17
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson