Author Topic: Media versus reality  (Read 216 times)

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
Media versus reality
« on: April 16, 2024, 11:23:48 pm »
Here is reality:

Here is how the "news" and "entertainment" media portray reality:

The problem is, many people have never seen reality.
They've only seen the media's version of reality.
When you try to present actual reality, their heads explode!
They just can not believe that EVERYTHING they've ever been told is a lie!

Their minds are like concrete - all mixed up and firmly set!
Some people just can never believe that anything other than
the ridiculous, psychotic vision that they've always been given, is reality!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Online roamer_1

Re: Media versus reality
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 11:43:40 pm »
You're preaching to the choir. I have been trying to tell folks the difference, even between city life and rural life... They just can't grok it.  :shrug:

I think that is a whole lot of what's behind gun control - Why city folks preach for it, and rural folks stand dead set against it...

The city brings the illusion of safety. They think the cops will show up to protect them, and that animal control will intercede with any problem... They have no crop or herd to tend to,  so that illusion is reinforced by their false style of living. If something happens, everything is insured.

In the country, ONE predator can take out all your chickens in a single night - And their goes your food security.
That is reality. And if you didn't get a shot off, didn't know it was happening, didn't spend enough time warding against it... Well none of that matters. The only way you get those chickens back is to put in the work, time and money your own self with your own hand, to correct the problem and regain some food security. There ain't no chicken insurance. There ain't no chicken police. There ain't no replacement contractors... You're on your own... With a gun, and a few dollars to spend here and there.

THAT's reality.

But the city folks don't get it.
They hate it when you kill the poor little fluffy racoon.
They really just cannot get it.