Author Topic: U.S. officials expect Israeli response to Iran strikes will be limited  (Read 383 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. officials expect Israeli response to Iran strikes will be limited
The U.S. assessment is based on conversations between American and Israeli officials before Iran's retaliatory attack Saturday night.

April 15, 2024, 10:29 PM EDT
By Courtney Kube, Monica Alba and Mosheh Gains

U.S. officials expect a possible Israeli response to Iran’s attack over the weekend to be limited in scope and most likely involve strikes against Iranian military forces and Iranian-backed proxies outside Iran, four U.S. officials told NBC News.     

The U.S. assessment is based on conversations between U.S. and Israeli officials that happened before Iran fired more than 300 drones and missiles at Israel on Saturday night.

As Israel was preparing for a possible Iranian attack last week, Israeli officials briefed U.S. officials about possible response options, the U.S. officials said.

The U.S. officials stressed that they have not been briefed on Israel’s final decision about how it will respond and that the options could have changed since the weekend attack. They also said that it is not clear when an Israeli response will happen but that it could happen at any time.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/us-officials-expect-israeli-response-iran-strikes-will-limited-rcna147949
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pure guesswork!  If I were the powers that be in Israel, I wouldn't trust sensitive information with the US any more than I would trust it with the Ayatollahs of Iran.  I have to believe that is where we stand with Israel at present. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Did they expect Netanyahu to bomb an Iranian consulate in Damascus?

They are using a broken Magic 8-Ball.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"U.S. officials expect Israeli response to Iran strikes will be limited..."

Yup.
Five or six small nukes will be all they need...

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Pure guesswork!  If I were the powers that be in Israel, I wouldn't trust sensitive information with the US any more than I would trust it with the Ayatollahs of Iran.  I have to believe that is where we stand with Israel at present. :pondering:
True
American Government and the American Government Bureaucracy is infested with radical Muslims and radical Leftist Hamas supporters. (thank you Obama Hussein). That is what happened in Afghanistan.

Anything Israel tells America, is the same as broadcasting to Iran.
Which could be a good thing, if it is used in the right way.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 10:15:56 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.