Author Topic: HSI Baltimore investigation lands Maryland MS-13 member 24 years in federal prison for his role in r  (Read 104 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
APRIL 15, 2024BALTIMORE, MDORGANIZED CRIME
HSI Baltimore investigation lands Maryland MS-13 member 24 years in federal prison for his role in racketeering conspiracy

Conspirator took part in the murder of a suspected gang rival in Silver Spring
BALTIMORE — An investigation conducted by Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) Baltimore, FBI Baltimore and the Montgomery County Police Department resulted in a 24-year federal prison sentence for a Maryland MS-13 gang member for his role in a racketeering conspiracy. Jose Lainez-Martinez, 29, a Salvadoran national residing in Silver Spring, received the 24-year prison sentence March 26 after pleading guilty to his participation in a racketeering conspiracy, which included a murder, related to his activities as part of the MS-13 gang. Lainez-Martinez’s prison sentence will be followed by five years of supervised release.

“The acts of Jose Lainez-Martinez and other members of this violent transnational criminal organization led to the tragic loss of a young man’s life,” said HSI Baltimore Special Agent in Charge James C. Harris. “Hopefully, this prison sentence will deter others who engage in fraud and terror as a way of life.”

According to the investigation, from at least January 2020, Lainez-Martinez was a member or associate of the MS-13 Fulton Locos Salvatruchas clique and agreed with members of MS-13 to conduct and participate in the gang’s affairs through a pattern of racketeering activity that included murder, conspiracy to commit murder, extortion and drug distribution. Lainez-Martinez admitted that to help the gang to raise money, he sold marijuana and collected extortion money from brothels and other businesses, providing the proceeds to gang leadership.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/hsi-baltimore-investigation-lands-maryland-ms-13-member-24-years-federal-prison-his
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson