Author Topic: Trump Apocalypse Hysteria Is Spiraling Into Madness  (Read 193 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Apocalypse Hysteria Is Spiraling Into Madness
« on: April 16, 2024, 03:45:16 pm »
Trump Apocalypse Hysteria Is Spiraling Into Madness
Peter Van Buren

Politics

Do you think they really believe this stuff?
Take a dip in the murky waters of recent Trump Apocalypse journalism—it says there’s gonna be a civil war and dictatorship. But don’t worry, not really—it’s just the politics of fear.

In a scary article subtitled “Donald Trump is warning that 2024 could be America’s last election,” New Republic alerts us that, if Trump wins, America is pretty much done being a democracy. “If we don’t win on November 5, I think our country is going to cease to exist. It could be the last election we ever have. I actually mean that,” Trump said out loud at a recent rally, so it couldn’t possibly be hyperbole, busting the chops of the mass media like a smart-aleck guy from Queens might do, or throwing red meat to his unwashed supporters like a wily candidate might do.

After that, you get the standard list of bad things Trump has said: “He has claimed that he wants to be a dictator, but only on ‘day one,’ and plans to install his legal allies at all levels of government. And his Cabinet? It’s sure to be full of ideologues, immigration hard-liners, and outright fascists. Even conservative judges claim he’ll shred the legal system... It might not be a stretch to suggest that Trump could plan another January 6–type event if he loses. After all, only months prior to the Capitol insurrection, he urged the Proud Boys to ‘stand back and stand by’ on a debate stage.”

more
https://www.theamericanconservative.com/trump-apocalypse-hysteria-is-spiraling-into-madness/

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: Trump Apocalypse Hysteria Is Spiraling Into Madness
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 04:18:23 pm »
 ////00000////

What's the worst that could happen when the US Constitution prevents Trump from having a 3rd term?  It's not like Trump would do something "wild" to stay in office for a 3rd Term.

Why do Putin, Xi, and Rocket Man get to stay in office for life, but Trump doesn't?  That's not fair.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Trump Apocalypse Hysteria Is Spiraling Into Madness
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 10:29:42 pm »
Mr. Van Buren asks:
"Do you think they really believe this stuff?"

Hey, Peter.
Spend a few days here at the Briefing Room.

That'll answer your question.