Author Topic: Denver’s Neighbors Rebel against Open-Arms Approach to Migrants: ‘We Do Not Want That’  (Read 216 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Denver’s Neighbors Rebel against Open-Arms Approach to Migrants: ‘We Do Not Want That’

By RYAN MILLS
April 16, 2024 6:30 AM

In February 2018, Denver city leaders sent a valentine to foreigners interested in relocating to the progressive mountain city and a message to any elected officials looking to stop them.

Draped on Denver’s City and County building was a large, blue banner: “Denver ❤️ Immigrants.”

If it wasn’t clear enough, then-mayor Michael Hancock posted on social media that it was a statement of “love” to let immigrants know that Denver is “an open and welcoming city.”

Denver leaders unfurled that welcome banner six months after they passed an ordinance curtailing the city’s ability to cooperate with federal immigration agents during a Trump-era crackdown on illegal immigration. Hancock also issued an executive order at the time directing city agencies to aid illegal immigrants in Denver and setting up a legal defense fund for them.

But six years later, amid a crisis that has seen more than 40,000 migrants arrive in the city since late 2022, Denver leaders appear to have a new message for some of their so-called “newcomers”: If you stay in Denver, you will suffer.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/denvers-neighbors-rebel-against-open-arms-approach-to-migrants-we-do-not-want-that/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

DID YOU NOT VOTE FOR THIS?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 12:30:30 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

DID YOU NOT VOTE FOR THIS?

They voted for having all these illegal immigrants stay in places like Texas. And then they voted to virtue signal. They didn’t think  that they would have to bear the consequences of a policy they supported.

Leftists support a lot of policies that they exempt themselves from. But when they also share in the negative consequences of said policies, they  scream the loudest
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy