Author Topic: Supreme Court allows Idaho to enforce ban on gender-affirming care for minors  (Read 520 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Supreme Court allows Idaho to enforce ban on gender-affirming care for minors
ABC News, Apr 15, 2024

A divided Supreme Court on Monday allowed Idaho to proceed with enforcement of a new law aimed at prohibiting gender-affirming care for minors.

The decision overrides two lower federal courts that had upheld an injunction against the law as litigation over the merits continues.

The decision was backed by all six of the high court's conservative members; the three liberal justices would have kept the law on hold.

The court did, however, allow the parents and two children who brought the case against the law to continue to obtain treatments during litigation. The children, who are not named in the suit, are said to be seeking puberty blockers and estrogen, which the families and their doctors say are critical for mental health.

More:  https://abcnews.go.com/US/supreme-court-allows-idaho-enforce-ban-gender-affirming/story?id=108711989

Online Right_in_Virginia

Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11

BREAKING: The US Supreme Court has ruled that Idaho can enforce a ban on sex changes for kids. Healthcare professionals can face up to up to 10 years in prison for providing puberty blockers, hormones, and mastectomies that are "inconsistent with the child's biological sex."

Boom!

5:30 PM · Apr 15, 2024

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Hopefully it will keep some of the trash from moving here.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hopefully it will keep some of the trash from moving here.

God willing, @bigheadfred!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Kamaji

At least a small step in the correct direction.

Gender "affirming" care is not health care at all - it's Dr. Mengele level evil; the same sort of evil the Nazis perpetrated on Jewish children in the camps.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
At least a small step in the correct direction.

Gender "affirming" care is not health care at all - it's Dr. Mengele level evil; the same sort of evil the Nazis perpetrated on Jewish children in the camps.

Absolutely 100% correct.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

Here is the written opinion:  https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/23pdf/23a763_n7io.pdf

Gorsuch wrote one opinion, joined by Thomas and Alito.  Kavanaugh wrote a second, joined by Barret.

The dissent was written by the Justice who doesn't know what a woman is, joined by Sotomayor.  It was one of the weakest opinions I have ever read.  Pure emotion.  Zero legal basis.  The opinion was so poorly written that Kagan didn't sign on to it, staying instead with her original dissent as the Justice on record in Idaho.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-