Author Topic: The Shocking Truth About ‘Tax Fairness’ ...I & I Editorial Board  (Read 128 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Shocking Truth About ‘Tax Fairness’
I & I Editorial Board
April 15, 2024

After spending decades peddling the fiction that the rich don’t pay their fair share of taxes, Democrats have convinced 60% of adults that it’s true, according to the latest I&I/TIPP poll.

That includes half of Republicans and nearly two-thirds of independents.

But just because most people believe something doesn’t make it true. And in this case, it is wildly and demonstrably false.

As our I&I/TIPP poll report today shows, the richest 1% of Americans now pay 45% of all federal income taxes collected, “the highest levels of taxes as a share of the total in history.” The bottom 75% of income earners, in stark contrast, account for only 11% of federal income taxes paid.

Think about it this way: Four million people in this country — roughly the population of the city of Los Angeles — pay more than half of all federal income taxes.

On the other hand, 40 million — roughly the entire population of California — pay nothing in either income or payroll taxes, or they get a net tax refund from the federal government.

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2024/04/15/the-shocking-truth-about-tax-fairness/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34