Author Topic: Are You Not Taxed Enough?  (Read 248 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Are You Not Taxed Enough?
« on: April 15, 2024, 04:58:22 pm »
April 15, 2024
Are You Not Taxed Enough?
By John M. Grondelski

April 15 is probably not the day to ask people whether they are taxed enough.  The annual reckoning with the taxman, whose “inevitable” tag-teaming with the Grim Reaper makes both equally unappealing, hits most Americans.

It ought to be a good day to think about whom you’re casting your ballot for next November when you consider how much you’re being fleeced this April.  Unless you think you’re undertaxed...

Believe it or not, there are such people.  You can read them in The New York Times.

Sitting in my tax preparer’s office waiting my turn Saturday, I read Princeton University’s Matthew Desmond telling me why “You Don’t Have to  Take Every Tax Deduction, and You Shouldn’t.”

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2024/04/are_you_not_taxed_enough.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

Re: Are You Not Taxed Enough?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2024, 05:49:04 pm »
Well Desmond can just a write a check to the IRS for whatever amount he wants to donate beyond what is legally required. There's nothing stopping him. The federal government will be happy to burn through his money.

Online roamer_1

Re: Are You Not Taxed Enough?
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 06:14:24 pm »
The legal requirement, and not a single penny more... And not even that if I can get away with it.

TEA Party fan. Big fan.Throw in FAIR tax, and you're singing like an angel.