Author Topic: New York City to end $432 million no-bid migrant medical services contract  (Read 133 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New York City to end $432 million no-bid migrant medical services contract
Last year, Mayor Eric Adams signed a $432 million contract with the company under emergency procedures that waived the city's standard competitive bidding requirements.

By Christian Wade | The Center Square contributor
Published: April 15, 2024 5:39am

New York City plans to end its agreement with a medical services company that was awarded a controversial, multi-million dollar no-bid contract to provide services for migrants.

The Adams administration announced this week that it is winding down its contract with New York-based DocGo as part of a broader plan to cut costs for sheltering and caring for tens of thousands of asylum seekers who've arrived in the city over the past year.

Last year, Mayor Eric Adams signed a $432 million contract with the company under emergency procedures that waived the city's standard competitive bidding requirements. Adams went ahead with the deal despite concerns by fiscal watchdogs that the company was ill-prepared to provide the services. That contract expires on May 5, and the city plans to put out bids to find a replacement.

https://justthenews.com/nation/states/center-square/new-york-city-wind-down-no-bid-migrant-services-contract
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 03:18:21 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson