Author Topic: NYC block turned into illicit open-air market for migrant crooks, prostitution: ‘It’s relentless’  (Read 117 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
S
NYC block turned into illicit open-air market for migrant crooks, prostitution: ‘It’s relentless’
By Social Links forKevin Sheehan and Social Links forJorge Fitz-Gibbon
Published April 14, 2024

Updated April 14, 2024, 11:11 a.m. ET
A stretch of Jackson Heights has deteriorated into an illegal migrant shopping district — an unchecked, open-air market where everything from women to stolen goods can be had, The Post has learned.

Roosevelt Avenue near 91st Street is littered daily with migrant vendors hawking goods they ripped off from shopkeepers just steps away, while prostitutes proposition passersby at all hours — and frustrated merchants and residents say they’re helpless to do anything about it.

“It’s relentless,” said Milton Reyes, who manages Mi Farmacia pharmacy on the avenue. “You should see it on Saturdays. It’s so heavy, you can’t even step onto the sidewalk. There are a lot of doctors’ offices right around here and my customers don’t even want to get dropped off.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/14/us-news/nyc-block-turned-into-illicit-open-air-market-for-migrant-crooks-sources/
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 03:11:52 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson