Author Topic: Live Thread: Trump's hush money trial begins in NYC  (Read 19552 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Live Thread: Trump's hush money trial begins in NYC
« Reply #150 on: April 18, 2024, 04:15:20 pm »

A juror who was excused from former President Trump's hush money payment trial spoke with Fox News moments after leaving the courthouse on Thursday.

The juror, who identified herself only as "Kat," said she had raised her hand during questions from Judge Juan Merchan to indicate that she felt she could not be impartial in the case.

She declined to explain why she felt she could not be impartial, saying it was "personal."

She went on to say she and other jurors brought in for the trial were "shocked and frozen" when they discovered it was Trump's hush money case.

"It's a big case. It's a historical thing, right? So, it's very important. Our role was very important there as jurors," she added.

The juror was one of dozens of jury candidates who were dismissed on Thursday as Trump's legal team and prosecutors questioned the latest round of candidates in an effort to fill the remaining six jury seats.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2024, 04:30:09 pm »
8 minutes ago
'Juror No.4' excused after prosecutors raised concerns that he hid past arrest -- we're down to five jurors now
By Ben Kochman

A man who had occupied the fourth seat on the jury has been excused after prosecutors this morning raised concerns that he may have failed to disclose a past arrest.

Justice Merchan's ruling came after a four-minute conference at the bench in which the man occasionally used his hands to talk, and at one point appeared animated and annoyed.

“Let me ask you a question,” the juror could be heard to say as he looked and gestured at the prosecutors. “Do you all feel this way?”

The rest of the conversation could not be heard.

When the court went back on the record, Merchan directed that the juror be tossed.

After starting the day with seven jurors, we're now down to five.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2024, 04:52:18 pm »
a minute ago
Potential jurors listens to behavioral psychology podcasts: 'Niche hobby'

An Ohio native who works in e-commerce for an eyewear company calls listening to behavioral psychology podcasts his "niche hobby."

The prospective juror has lived in Murray Hill for the past six years.

4 minutes ago
'Art of the Deal' reader who works out 'a lot' makes it past first round

A financial buff who read Trump's book "The Art of the Deal" and loves to work out has passed initial screening.

He also has relatives who were close with the former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a Democrat.

Asked about his hobbies, he responded: "Tennis, family, and food."

"I work out a lot," he added.

He also said he reads and watches several financial news outlets.

10 minutes ago
Prospective juror says she doesn't pay attention to the news 'too closely'

A New Jersey native living on the Upper East Side said she doesn't read or watch any news — and the potential juror has worked as a speech therapist for five years.

“I don’t watch any news or follow it too closely," she said, adding she subscribes to CNN and New York Times newsletters.

She passed the initial phase of jury questioning.

15 minutes ago
Paralegal at 'major' law firm and who was mugged once clears first round
By Ben Kochman

A paralegal at a "major international law firm" whose husband is a realtor and who was mugged once just passed initial juror screening.

She reads the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and Washington Post.

19 minutes ago
We're going backwards here — started the day with 7 jurors, now down to 5
By Ben Kochman

With the dismissals of jurors who had been in seat Nos. 2 and 4, we're now down to five jurors.

We started the day with seven. It would appear that the judge's goal of holding opening statements Monday morning is now in doubt.

22 minutes ago
Attorney who was once pickpocketed in Paris passes initial juror questioning
By Kyle Schnitzer

An attorney living in Gramercy Park once had her phone pickpocketed in Paris and works for a "media entertainment and amusement park company" has passed the initial round of juror questioning.

Her vague job description comes after Justice Juan Merchan advised the press to use "common sense" when reporting details about potential jurors — after a juror was excused when they said they felt intimidated by the press's coverage of Donald Trump's hush money trial.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2024, 04:53:32 pm »
a few seconds ago
Accountant who lives in Gramercy passes screening
By Ben Kochman

An accountant who lives in Gramercy has also made it through.

He said he reads the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and sometimes Fox News or Fox Business.
Support the USO

Online libertybele

« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2024, 05:13:03 pm »
 :bkmk:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2024, 05:27:21 pm »
23 minutes ago
Potential jurist once had her apartment robbed, close friend convicted of financial fraud
By Kyle Schnitzer

One of the prospective jurors in Donald Trump's hush money case said she once had her apartment robbed and had a close friend convicted of financial fraud.

The Upper Manhattan woman works as a product development manager for a multinational apparel company, a job she's held for 20 years. She is originally from California.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2024, 05:27:31 pm »
23 minutes ago
18 potential jurors have now made it past first round of screening as we break for lunch
By Ben Kochman

The court has 18 prospective panelists ready to be questioned in groups by prosecutors and Donald Trump's lawyers after the lunch break. Two more possible jurors passed the first round of vetting just now:

-- A physical therapist who listens to "faith-based" podcasts and enjoys hiking and other outdoor sports with her husband and their dog.

-- A woman who is an investment analyst who grew up in England and Hong Kong.

We'll be back around 2:15 p.m.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2024, 07:29:40 pm »
3 minutes ago
Prospective juror says her son works for Hakeem Jeffries
By Kyle Schnitzer

A prospective juror in Donald Trump's "hush money" trial said her son just got a job working for House Minority Leader Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY) in Washington.

Juror No. 2, who lives on the Upper West Side, told Trump's attorney Susan Necheles that her son was hired by the New York City Democrat, who represents Brooklyn, after graduating college recently, during the defense's grilling of the potential panelists.

Jeffries has repeatedly denied the legitimacy of the former president's 2016 election results.

19 minutes ago
Every prospective juror says they can deliver a verdict
By Kyle Schnitzer

Manhattan Assistant District Attorney Joshua Steinglass, for about a half-hour, just quizzed the 18 prospective jurors, who all said they can deliver a verdict in Donald Trump's hush money trial — guilty or not guilty.

Steinglass ran down the line of the potential jurists, each of whom said they could, in the words of Steinglass, "call it like you see it."

Now, Trump's attorney Susan Necheles is questioning the panelists.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2024, 08:38:19 pm »
Trump beams after prospective juror -- a lifelong NYer -- thanks him for Wollman Rink
By Kyle Schnitzer

One of the prospective jurors, a lifelong New Yorker, said he was grateful to Trump for fixing Wollman Rink in Central Park.

"As a wannabe hockey player, I still thank him for fixing that Wollman Rink that nobody couldn’t fix," the law enforcement veteran said, referring to the ice rink in the Manhattan park.

A wide smile flashed across Trump's face after the hockey fan's answer.

The man previously said he was a die-hard Rangers fan and attended Yankees games.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2024, 08:48:39 pm »
a minute ago
12 jurors now selected for Trump's hush money trial
By Kyle Schnitzer

All 12 jurors have now been selected for Trump's hush money trial.

12 minutes ago
Two new jurors have been seated— bringing total back to 7
By Ben Kochman

Two new panelists have officially joined the jury.

One of the new jurors, is an investment banker who lives with his wife, follows Trump on Twitter and listens to Michael Cohen's podcast. The man said he will be fair and impartial.

The second new juror is originally from California but now lives on the Upper West Side working as a security engineer. He's married with kids and does metal-and wood-working. He has some relatives who are lawyers.

15 minutes ago
Trump attorney says potential panelist slept over her house
By Kyle Schnitzer

Donald Trump's attorney Susan Nechles said that a prospective juror who said that she met the attorney some 15 years ago actually slept over at her home.

"She stayed at my house overnight," Nechles said, who asked the judge to strike the juror "for cause."

The woman was then brought by into the courtroom by Justice Juan Merchan.

She was questioned about the overnight stay and her husband's book review of Maggie Haberman's, "Confidence Man," which Necheles labeled as a "disturbing" review.

“About 15 years ago, I met her through my husband, they were both lawyers at the time,” the woman said. “We went and stayed at her house.”

When asked about the book review, she admitted, "He must have said something."

Trump's attorneys challenge for cause was denied by judge, but then they used one of their four remaining no questions asked challenges to dismiss her.

an hour ago
Brooklyn lifer with 'opinions' says she once saw Trump shopping for 'baby stuff' with ex-wife Maria Maples at iconic NYC home goods store
By Ben Kochman

Only in New York.

Juror 680 sighed loudly this afternoon when Trump lawyer Susan Necheles asked her if she has strong opinions about the ex-president.

"I have got opinions," she said. "I'm born and raised in Brooklyn and New York and I've kind of spent my whole life knowing about Donald Trump."

She added that she once saw Trump and his ex-wife Marla Maples shopping at "ABC Homes" -- likely a reference to ABC Carpet and Home near Union Square -- "shopping for baby stuff."

The woman also said she had cousin who lived in Trump Tower" and heard positive things about him then.

But “how I feel about him as a president is different,” she added.

"He just seems very selfish and self-serving," she added. "I don't really appreciate that in any public servant."

The way Trump presents himself in public is "not my cup of tea," she added.

She promised she could set those opinions aside and decide the case based on facts.

A few minutes later, another prospective juror said she was not impressed by how Trump "carries himself."

“I think the way he may carry himself in public leaves something to be desired,” she said.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2024, 08:59:36 pm »
Dismissed Trump Juror: Trump Looked ‘Bored,’ ‘Less Orange’

One of two jurors who have been dismissed from former President Donald Trump’s criminal trial in New York said the former president looked “bored” and “less orange.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/04/18/dismissed-trump-juror-trump-looked-bored-less-orange/
Support the USO

Online LMAO

« Reply #161 on: April 18, 2024, 10:49:53 pm »
3 minutes ago
Half of new 96 jurors excused after saying they can't be fair and impartial
By Kyle Schnitzer

Half of the 96 prospective jurors who were introduced Wednesday were excused from serving in the Trump hush money trial after saying they couldn't be fair and impartial.

Justice Merchan welcomed a fresh batch of 96 jurors inside the Manhattan courtroom Wednesday morning, but 48 jurors were excused.

At least they openly admit this

Wasn't there a juror in the Chauvin trial who claimed he didn't pay that much attention to the Floyd/Chauvin case and got on the jury only to find later a photograph of him attending a BLM rally??
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #162 on: April 19, 2024, 01:14:27 pm »
DAY 4

Jury selection could conclude on day 4 of Trump’s hush money trial: Live updates
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #163 on: April 19, 2024, 01:23:10 pm »
Trump demands judge remove gag order before walking into court

Former President Trump on Friday demanded that the judge in his hush money payments case remove a gag order that prevents him from speaking publicly about witnesses in the trial. 

"I am not allowed to speak," Trump said in brief remarks before he entered the Manhattan courthouse. He asserted his constitutional rights were stripped away by the judge and that he cannot respond to "lies" told about him in the press during his trial.

"The gag order has to come off. People are allowed to speak about me, and I have a gag order just to show you how much more unfair it is. And the conflict has to end with the judge. The judge has a conflict. The worst I've ever seen," Trump said.

Judge Juan Merchan last month imposed a gag order on Trump, due to his "prior extrajudicial statements." Merchan said they established "a sufficient risk to the administration of justice."

Merchan ordered that Trump cannot make or direct others to make public statements about witnesses concerning their potential participation or about counsel in the case — other than Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg — or about court staff, DA staff or family members of staff.

Merchan also ordered that Trump cannot make or direct others to make public statements about any prospective juror or chosen juror.

Bragg filed a motion Tuesday to hold Trump in contempt of court for allegedly violating the gag order with a series of social media posts relating to two known witnesses in his criminal trial — Michael Cohen and Stormy Daniels.

Bragg is urging Manhattan Judge Juan Merchan to also warn Trump that "future violations" of the gag order can be punished "not only with additional fines, but also with a term of incarceration of up to thirty days."

Bragg is urging Judge Merchan to also warn Trump that "future violations" of the gag order can be punished "not only with additional fines, but also with a term of incarceration of up to thirty days."

Fox News Digital's Brooke Singman contributed to this update.
Posted by Chris Pandolfo
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #164 on: April 19, 2024, 01:53:05 pm »
We're on to Day 4 of the Manhattan criminal trial of former President Donald Trump and appear to be in the home stretch of the jury selection process. By the end of Thursday, 12 jurors and one alternate had been seated.

Judge Juan Merchan has indicated the plan is to seat six alternates total, meaning five more will need to be selected on Friday. The next panel of 96 prospective jurors has already been sworn, so once things get underway Friday morning, they may proceed fairly quickly. That is unless we see a repeat of Thursday morning (in which two of the already-seated jurors wound up being excused — one after confessing she did not feel she could be fair and impartial and the other after it turned out there were discrepancies between his responses and background information the prosecution discovered regarding him).
https://redstate.com/smoosieq/2024/04/19/live-updates-trump-manhattan-trial-day-4-n2173009
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2024, 02:44:26 pm »
Upper Manhattan data analyst who's on board of a synagogue makes it through
By Ben Kochman

Prospective juror B483 is a data analyst who likes to cook, bake, watch hockey and go to the theater.

She's on the board of a synagogue and is okay with ending court on Monday and Tuesday in time to make it to a Passover Seder.

7 minutes ago
Retired NYC teacher likes the arts, has friends in local politics
By Kyle Schnitzer

A retired New York City high school teacher has a penchant for the arts — and even has some friends in politics.

Juror No. 647 said he likes to go to the New York Philharmonic, the New York Historical Society and a “variety of other institutions.”

The life-long New Yorker said he had a close friend who was a city council member, and currently has a friend in the state’s assembly.

As for whether he’s read any of Donald Trump’s’ books, “I never read any of the books.”

16 minutes ago
Tech wiz likes to clean his local dog parks daily
By Kyle Schnitzer

This tech wiz founded a boutique firm that creates startups and likes to clean up his local dog parks daily.

“Every day I clean my local dog parks,” Juror No. B445 said.

The prospective juror lives in the Financial District and used to work in finance. He's married and has children.

He also said he didn't know who Mark Pomerantz, the author of "People vs. Donald Trump," is.

18 minutes ago
Fintech worker who takes her boys to Knicks games passes screening
By Ben Kochman

Juror 624, who made it through, works for a fintech company with 12,000 employees that is publicly traded. She has a bachelor’s degree. She likes to see live music, take her boys to Knicks games and attend Rubik's Cube speed-solving competitions. She is the president of the parents association at her kids' school.

27 minutes ago
This potential panelist runs a fashion and style Instagram account
By Kyle Schnitzer

She runs an Instagram account where she shows off fashion and style.

“Nothing political, just a lot of pictures,” the Gramercy woman said, referring to her Instagram hobby.

The wannabe influencer is an accountant by trade and said she enjoys traveling, shopping and visiting cultural institutions.

28 minutes ago
Executive chef who watches YouTube for news makes it through
By Ben Kochman

The juror in seat 6 B447 is an executive chef for a large hospitality group. He attended some college and has a culinary degree.

He lives with his wife and has no kids. He doesn’t follow any news organizations but watches YouTube.

He said he believes Donald Trump is being treated fairly in this case. He also said he can be a fair and impartial juror.

38 minutes ago
If court microphone breaks, I can fix it: potential juror, a 'big martial artist' IT guy
By Kyle Schnitzer

One potential juror told the judge that if the court’s microphone stops working, he can fix it for him.

“If we have a problem with the microphone, I can give you a little tips to fix it,” IT specialist Juror No. 616 said.

Justice Juan Merchan said he’ll take him up on it if the problem happens.

The microphone used to screen prospective jurors has often gone in and out throughout the Donald Trump hush money trial.

The potential juror, a married father of one, recently moved to Inwood and considers himself a “big martial artist.”

an hour ago
Female prospective panelist used to be an amateur boxer
By Kyle Schnitzer

A Hell's Kitchen woman said she used to be an amateur boxer but gave up the sports due to getting "black eyes."

“I don’t do that anymore because black eyes are frowned upon in the conference room," she joked, referring to her boxing career.

The Bronx-born water department employee said she loves the Yankees, lives alone at home, and was once arrested.

She also said she likely read Donald Trump's book "The Art of the Deal."

"I may have read 'The Art of the Deal' when I was younger but I’m not entirely sure," she said.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #166 on: April 19, 2024, 02:45:55 pm »
an hour ago
Trump again calls trial 'rigged,' claims DA Bragg should break protocol and try case himself
By Ben Kochman

Donald Trump refused to answer shouted questions from reporters in the courthouse hallway.

But he again called the trial "rigged," before claiming that Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg — who attended Harvard University for undergrad and law school — is "not smart enough" to "represent himself" in court.

Bragg represents the people of New York, not himself. He made the call to pursue the hush money case against Trump — instead of other options like a business fraud case — a few months after taking office in 2022.

The heads of local district attorneys' offices almost never try cases themselves, typically passing on those duties to line prosecutors.

Bragg has assigned a team of five veteran lawyers at the DA's Office to work the case.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2024, 03:00:51 pm »
6 minutes ago
Potential panelist: 'I have several close friends who are felons'

A program manager who lives uptown said she has "several close friends who are felons." Her father was also a plumbing inspector for the local government.

11 minutes ago
Prospective juror worked on Hillary Clinton's 'Get Out and Vote' campaign
By Kyle Schnitzer

A prospective juror told the court that he works for a music and entertainment company that works with the podcast company that produces Michael Cohen's podcast — and worked on Hillary Clinton's "Get Out and Vote" campaign.

He told Justice Juan Merchan about the connection to Cohen's podcast, "Mea Culpa," which is listed as one of the questions on the juror questionnaire.

“I am sort of connected to it without having any insider decision-making," said the Noho resident, identified as Juror No. B561, before revealing he also attended the Women's March.

19 minutes ago
Juror dismissed before reading any answers to questionnaire

The female juror in seat 12 B800 was dismissed before reading any answers to the questionnaire.

"I don’t think I can be impartial after thinking about this yesterday when I heard the questions. I don’t think I can be impartial."

Merchan dismissed her with the attorneys' consent.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2024, 03:38:15 pm »
11 minutes ago
Convicted felon cries before answering juror questionnaire: 'I shouldn't be here'
By Kyle Schnitzer

A convicted felon who did hard time for a drug bust cried before answering the juror questionnaire as she tried getting out of jury duty.

“It was over 10 years ago and you guys keep calling me back for jury and I’m pretty sure I shouldn’t be here,” the prospective panelist, who lives on the Upper East Side, said.

Justice Merchan had a brief conference with the juror before she then read thorough her responses.

When asked what she does for work, she said she works at a general manager at a famous gym.

“I used to be a dental hygienist but I can’t do that legally anymore," she deadpanned.

27 minutes ago
Trump chuckles when prospective jurors says he's 'trying to find a wife' in his spare time
By Kyle Schnitzer

Donald Trump laughed when one perspective juror told the court that he's trying to find a wife in his spare time.

“I’ve been trying to find a wife in my spare time - it’s not working," Juror No. B651 said.

The response got a rare chuckle by the former president.

The insurance broker also said he has a relative who's a court officer inside Justice Merchan's courtroom today, but said it wouldn't affect his ability to serve on the jury.

34 minutes ago
Prospective juror works with Michael Cohen's son, dad is buds with Chris Christie
By Kyle Schnitzer

Juror No. B588 said Michael Cohen's son works at her company — and her father is lifelong friends with former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.

"Michael Cohen's son works at my company," she said, but added that she's never worked with him.

She said knowing that her father is close buds with Christie wouldn't impact her ability to be fair on the panel.

She also stopped listening to the New York Times' podcast "The Daily" because it became too depressing.

“I used to listen to 'The Daily' but it’s too depressing so I stopped,” she said, drawing laughs from inside the overflow room.

43 minutes ago
Potential panelist: 'I have several close friends who are felons'
By Kyle Schnitzer

A program manager who lives uptown said she has "several close friends who are felons." Her father was also a plumbing inspector for the local government.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #169 on: April 19, 2024, 03:40:56 pm »
Trojan horse jurors' are biggest concern in Trump trial: Jonathan Turley

Support the USO

Online libertybele

« Reply #170 on: April 19, 2024, 03:49:45 pm »
The jury selection is a joke and this persecution of an ex-president is disgusting. It's frightening actually.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #171 on: April 19, 2024, 04:12:01 pm »
8 minutes ago
Prospective juror bursts into tears during voir dire: 'This is so much more stressful than I thought it was going to be'
By Ben Kochman

One female juror was just dismissed after bursting into tears shortly after Executive Assistant District Attorney Susan Hoffinger began addressing a pool of 18 possible jurors during voir dire.

"I thought I could do this, but I don't know," she said. "This is much more stressful than I thought it was going to be."

Justice Juan Merchan excused her after a brief conference at the bench.

12 minutes ago
Woman who did jail time tells court 'Good luck' after being excused from jury duty
By Kyle Schnitzer

The convicted felon prospective juror told the court "good luck" after she was excused from serving by the judge.

Justice Juan Merchan brought the woman back into the courtroom after a short break and thanked her for her bravery before dismissing her.

“I want to thank you again. What you just did is something most people in this courtroom would not do, so thank you," the judge said.

He explained that committing a felony won't bar her from serving on a jury, but she didn't have the right paperwork in order to serve. If she wants to serve in the future, she will need to bring the papers, the judge said.

As the woman was thanked for her time, she let out a loud "Good luck" in the open court.

The judge ordered that her reasons be sealed from the record.

Earlier, the woman, who said she served two years for a drug arrest, apologized for crying as she approached the well.

"Sorry for crying," said the woman, who later added that she served two years in prison.

“It was over 10 years ago and you guys keep calling me back for jury and I’m pretty sure I shouldn’t be here,” said the prospective panelist, who lives on the Upper East Side.

Her answers were perhaps the most heartfelt of all responses so far, and Donald Trump himself kept a close eye on her when she was speaking.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #172 on: April 19, 2024, 05:12:52 pm »
3 minutes ago
Another prospective juror, who once dreamed of living in Trump Tower, rips ex-prez's 'divisive' rhetoric
By Ben Kochman

Juror 561 told the court that he feels Trump has "negative rhetoric and bias" that divide the country -- despite once dreaming about living in Trump Tower.

He didn't describe exactly what type of rhetoric he was speaking of -- but added that he wasn't sure Trump even believed some of the things he says.

“I think he just pushes those to stay in power. It’s more of the negative rhetoric bias that he speaks against people that is more powerful," the man said.

He said he holds these views despite once dreaming about living in Trump's Midtown's building when he was a kid in New Jersey.

"I probably said, 'Oh I’m going to live in Trump Tower,'" he said.

He added that using negative rhetoric is one thing when up for election, versus "governing the country and continuing to make it divisive."

31 minutes ago
Female juror tells Trump she's 'not even sure' what his policies are, says his base is 'enabled by his rhetoric'
By Ben Kochman

A female juror just said she's "not even sure" what Trump's policies are -- while Trump sat feet away silently.

“To be honest, this is a little embarrassing," the juror said. "I’m not even sure what Trump’s policies are."

Trump's base "can feel enabled by his rhetoric," she added, citing homophobic comments and "different race comments that they would kind of cite to President Trump.”

"I think his rhetoric at times enables people to feel as if they have permission to discriminate or act on their negative impulses," she said.

She said she could still decide the case fairly.

“No, I think that’s an issue for me to deal with in the ballot box,” she said.

a minute ago
Judge excuses woman who dinged Trump's 'discriminatory' rhetoric
By Ben Kochman

The judge has excused the female juror who said Trump’s base “can feel enabled by his rhetoric" and admitted that she doesn't even know what his policies are.

He granted Trump's lawyers' request to remove the prospective juror "for cause."

2 minutes ago
2 more alternate jurors selected for Trump's hush money trial

Jury selection has become rapid fire in Donald Trump's hush money trial.

An additional two alternate jurors have been selected, making today's tally now three alternates.

10 minutes ago
Second alternate juror — who doesn't 'believe in watching news' — selected for Trump's hush money trial
By Kyle Schnitzer

The first juror of Friday's batch of prospective jurors has been selected for Donald Trump's hush money trial.

She's originally from Spain and works in the adversity industry. She said she doesn't "believe in watching news" and said she didn't hold strong opinions of Trump.

The juror will become the second alternate, making the official tally 14: 12 jurors and two alternates.

13 minutes ago
Scandinavian prospective juror says Trump's a 'family man' — but it gets 'tricky' when it comes to his politics
By Kyle Schnitzer

A prospective juror said that Donald Trump brings a lot of value to the economy — but he's more complicated that that.

"He’s a person, a politician, a businessman. I think that’s why people are kind of struggling with this question," Juror No. 445 said, responding to a question from Trump attorney Susan Necheles.

The Scandinavian who works with start-ups said he thought of Trump as a "family man" who is "successful" — but things can get "tricky" when you talk about him as a politician.

"The lower taxes and all that — I subscribe to," he said, but said he found the Republican party's stance on applying religion to women's rights was problematic.

He then finished by saying his view of Trump is "neutral, leaning positive."
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #173 on: April 19, 2024, 05:35:51 pm »
3 minutes ago
Full panel of jurors selected for Trump trial
By Kyle Schnitzer

Two more juror has been added to the panel, making it six alternate jurors selected.

A total of 18 jurors have been selected.
Support the USO

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #174 on: April 19, 2024, 05:46:35 pm »
3 minutes ago
Full panel of jurors selected for Trump trial
By Kyle Schnitzer

Two more juror has been added to the panel, making it six alternate jurors selected.

A total of 18 jurors have been selected.

Is being a crackpot a requirement for living in NYC?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: