Author Topic: Army ‘feeling a lot better’ with recruiting this year, Wormuth says  (Read 400 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army ‘feeling a lot better’ with recruiting this year, Wormuth says

By Corey Dickstein – Stars and Stripes
April 12, 2024
X
Army Secretary Christine Wormuth told House lawmakers on Wednesday that her service is “feeling a lot better” about recruiting this year after missing its goal for new soldiers for two consecutive years.

“I don’t want to be overconfident,” the Army’s top civilian told members of the House’s defense appropriations subpanel while testifying alongside Gen. Randy George, the Army’s chief of staff. “But I think we both feel that we have a good shot at making that goal this year, which I think would be very, very important.”

That goal, she added, is to ship 55,000 new recruits to Army basic training by Sept. 30, the end of fiscal 2024, and fill its delayed-entry coffers with another 5,000 recruits who would move to initial entrance training later. Meeting that basic recruiting goal would match the Army’s enlistment efforts from fiscal 2023, when it sent about 55,000 recruits to initial military training, falling about 10,000 short of its goal of 65,000. But that was an improvement from fiscal 2022, when the Army shipped fewer than 45,000 new recruits to basic training, falling 15,000 short of its goal.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/local/army-feeling-a-lot-better-with-recruiting-this-year-wormuth-says/QVCGWLJIAVADZFAHGPFRPPGTRM/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
So, they dropped the goal by 10,000 and are "hopeful" it can be reached? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson