Author Topic: FBI chief warns of "coordinated attack" threat to U.S. after Russia shooting  (Read 135 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Apr 11, 2024 -
World
FBI chief warns of "coordinated attack" threat to U.S. after Russia shooting

FBI director Christopher Wray testifies at a House Appropriations Committee hearing on Capitol Hill on Thursday. Photo: Julia Nikhinson/Getty Images

The FBI is growing increasingly concerned about a potential attack in the U.S. similar to last month's Russia concert hall shooting, bureau director Christopher Wray said Thursday.

The big picture: "As I look back over my career in law enforcement, I would be hard-pressed to think of a time where so many threats to our public safety and national security were so elevated all at once," Wray told lawmakers as he urged Congress to reauthorize Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

"But that is the case as I sit here today," added Wray during testimony before the House Appropriations Committee.

Zoom in: "Our most immediate concern has been that individuals or small groups will draw twisted inspiration from the events in the Middle East to carry out attacks here at home," Wray told the committee.

https://www.axios.com/2024/04/12/fbi-chief-warns-of-coordinated-attack-threat-to-us-after-russia-shooting
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Did he come up with that conclusion all by himself?  WOW!!  But when they do, what will the US be able to do since they have been so critical of Israel's response to the slaughter by Hamas?  Islam has set up the US for not being able to defend itself in kind. :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson