Author Topic: Securing America’s Technological Future is a Shared Mission  (Read 155 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Securing America’s Technological Future is a Shared Mission
Posted: April 8th, 2024

By Jennifer Ewbank
Jennifer Ewbank, served as Deputy Director of the Central Intelligence Agency for Digital Innovation from October 2019 until January 2024, where she led transformation of one the world’s most sophisticated and secure digital technology ecosystems.

EXPERT PERSPECTIVE / OPINION — In an era where technological innovation is the new frontier of global competition, the United States stands at a critical juncture. As adversaries and competitors accelerate their technological advancements and use these new capabilities to threaten our critical infrastructure, influence our population, and steal our private data, the need for robust public-private partnerships in our country has never been more urgent. This collaboration is not just beneficial; it is essential to maintaining our national security and economic vitality in the face of growing threats from those who reject our democratic values.

Historically, there are many examples of America’s greatest achievements stemming from the combined impact of government initiatives and private sector innovation. From the Arsenal of Democracy that powered victory in World War II to the space race and the development of the U2 reconnaissance aircraft that showcased our technological superiority, public-private partnerships have been the cornerstone of our national security. Today, as we navigate the complexities of digital transformation and the swift rise of powerful artificial intelligence (AI), this collaborative model must evolve to address the unique challenges of the 21st century.

The rapid development of AI and machine learning technologies offers profound opportunities for advancement in virtually every sector of society, from national defense to healthcare and education. However, these same technologies present new vulnerabilities and vexing challenges, making it imperative for the government to foster an environment that encourages the private sector’s engagement in national security efforts.

https://www.thecipherbrief.com/column_article/securing-americas-technological-future-is-a-shared-mission
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Securing America’s Technological Future is a Shared Mission
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2024, 01:33:26 pm »
They seem to share it too much with China and Russia for my comfort though. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson