Author Topic: Last USS Harry S. Truman Deployment to Mediterranean Showed Flaws in Logistics System, Says Panel  (Read 132 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Last USS Harry S. Truman Deployment to Mediterranean Showed Flaws in Logistics System, Says Panel
JOHN GRADY
APRIL 11, 2024 8:03 PM

Aviation Boatswain’s Mate (Handling) 2nd Class Jake Nowell, from Inarajan, Guam, directs the pilot of a C-2A Greyhound, attached to the ‘Rawhides’ of Fleet Logistic Support Squadron (VRC) 40, on the flight deck of USS Harry S. Truman (CVN-75), June 4, 2022. US Navy Photo
NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. – Carrier USS Harry S. Truman’s (CVN-75) extended deployment in response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine in 2022 identified logistics problems that can arise when the wrong stores are on board ships, the commander of Military Sealift Command said Tuesday.

Rear Adm. Phillip Sobeck said “bureaucracy took over” in what needed to go aboard “prior to deploying the ship, in my opinion.” Speaking as part of a contested logistics panel at the 2024 Navy League Sea-Air-Space Exposition, he said, “we sent the wrong thing in some cases.” In other cases, not knowing what was in the pallets aboard ship was a factor.

“The system [from what’s needed to what’s going where in what quantity] needs to understand itself,” he added. Sobeck said the Navy is working with Defense Logistics Agency on fixing the problems.

https://news.usni.org/2024/04/11/last-uss-harry-s-truman-deployment-to-mediterranean-showed-flaws-in-logistics-system-says-panel
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How does the military manage to keep everything operating so smoothly? *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson