Author Topic: Joe Biden's Dangerous World  (Read 117 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Joe Biden's Dangerous World
« on: April 14, 2024, 01:08:04 pm »
Joe Biden's Dangerous World
By Francis P. Sempa
April 13, 2024

In the past three years, the Taliban returned to power in Afghanistan, Russia invaded Ukraine, Hamas invaded Israel, China increased its pressure on Taiwan, the China-Russian partnership solidified, Houthi terrorists wreaked havoc on Red Sea shipping, Iran moved closer to obtaining a nuclear weapon, North Korea enhanced its intercontinental missile capacity, China and Russia modernized their nuclear forces, and illegal immigrants flooded the U.S. southern border.   

The Biden administration conducted an amateurish withdrawal from Afghanistan that cost the lives of several Americans and many more of our Afghan allies. Biden provided aid to Ukraine and used rhetoric that risked escalating the Ukraine War into a broader European or World War. He conducted a policy toward China that combined “engagement” with a continuation of some of Donald Trump’s more confrontational policies. Biden’s overall Russia policy strengthened the Sino-Russian strategic partnership. His isolated responses to Houthi shipping attacks did nothing to deter those attacks. The administration’s push for a ceasefire in Gaza has hampered Israel’s efforts to defeat Hamas. Its response to Iran’s quest for nuclear weapons was to attempt to resuscitate the flawed nuclear deal. It has pushed for more “arms control” with Russia even as China’s nuclear build-up continues. And it has facilitated rather than prevented the illegal entry of millions into our country.

No president and no administration can control events around the world. The most any statesman can do, in the words of Otto von Bismarck, is to “float with” the current of events and “steer them” in a direction that benefits his or her country. The Biden administration appears helpless to steer events in a direction that favors our country and protects our national interests. It pursues universal goals and multilateral solutions to fix “climate change,” including diminishing the use of fossil fuels and promoting electric vehicles. It has institutionalized “Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion” (DEI) in our armed services, which has diminished recruitment and promoted “wokeness” to the detriment of the mission of our armed forces. It has proposed a defense budget that cuts spending in real terms despite our involvement in two wars and a gathering storm in the western Pacific. It has shrunk our navy at a time when China continues to build warships, including aircraft carriers.

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2024/04/13/joe_bidens_dangerous_world_1024882.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson