Author Topic: Organized labor paid the price for embracing illegal migrants  (Read 112 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Organized labor paid the price for embracing illegal migrants
By Social Links forBatya Ungar-Sargon
Published April 13, 2024, 10:00 a.m. ET

There’s a paradox when it comes to unions in America in 2024: On the one hand, approval for labor unions is higher than it’s been since 1965; Americans increasingly see the value of collective bargaining to protect workers from corporations.

And yet, just 6% of private sector workers are unionized, a number that has not significantly budged despite the rising popularity of unions.

The author's new book, in which she details the link between the benefits of unions and the role of illegal migration.

The author’s new book, in which she details the link between the benefits of unions and the role of illegal migration.

What gives? 

To answer this question, I took a pilgrimage to one of America’s great union towns: Las Vegas.

Vegas is the Promised Land for service-industry workers.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/13/opinion/organized-labor-paid-the-price-for-embracing-illegal-migrants/
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 12:57:32 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson