Author Topic: Rewarding Bad Behavior  (Read 91 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Rewarding Bad Behavior
« on: April 14, 2024, 12:25:56 pm »
Rewarding Bad Behavior

There are many immigration and enforcement challenges that – left unattended – lead to a breakdown of the system. One of the greatest challenges in achieving a sensible policy is to address the propensity for policy makers to respond to these failures by issuing benefits to large groups who violate the law.

See our vision for a different approach
The ease of finding illegal employment in the United States is the single biggest pull factor behind illegal immigration. This was true when the so-called “Hesburgh Commission” issued its final report in 1981…

“All studies indicate that undocumented/illegal aliens are attracted to this country by U.S. employment opportunities.”

– Select Commission on Immigration and Refugee Policy, ”U.S. Immigration Policy and the National Interest.”

…true when Barbara Jordan issued her commission’s findings in 1994…

…true in 2009 when Senator Chuck Schumer said “tough enforcement and auditing is necessary to significantly diminish the job magnet that attracts illegal aliens to the United States”; and it is true today.

One of the truly universally-accepted realities of migration is that the lure of jobs is the principle pull factor that leads to illegal immigration. How absurd then that multiple congresses and administrations have responded to failures to contain illegal immigration by…granting illegal aliens American jobs.

https://www.numbersusa.com/challenges/rewarding-bad-behavior/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson