Author Topic: Americans fear the end: Economic collapse looms largest on the nation’s mind, and that’s bad news fo  (Read 623 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Americans fear the end: Economic collapse looms largest on the nation’s mind, and that’s bad news for Biden
Story by Chloe Berger • 1d •

Between earthquakes popping up in unusual places, murder hornets making a brief debut a couple years ago (remember those?) and the price of a Trader Joe’s banana rising for the first time in decades, the world seems to be increasingly unpredictable. Much like a Mentos mint popped into a Coke bottle, the pressure is bubbling and potentially set to burst.

But the prime fear among doomsday preppers is less out-of-this-world, like an alien invasion or zombie apocalypse; rather, it takes place on Wall Street’s doorstep.

A third (33%) of Americans fear the end of the U.S. will be the result of a total economic collapse that ripples across the nation, according to a poll released by Ipsos’ Consumer Tracker. Other apocalyptic anxieties revolve around World War III (25%), climate change (19%), another pandemic (12%), and killer robots (2%). A portion of respondents (6%) say none of the above  are on their minds when they fear the end.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/americans-fear-the-end-economic-collapse-looms-largest-on-the-nation-s-mind-and-that-s-bad-news-for-biden/ar-BB1lwUkW?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=f0b9506dc9004d29a5fc6e0fb485a593&ei=60
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I don't understand.  The administration has steadfastly lied, er, assured us the economy is in wonderful shape. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

We are on the path of some kind of economic correction

That in itself isn’t bad. It’s what politicians do about it  is the problem. Printing, spending, regulations, bailouts will be on the menu
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy