Author Topic: Candy tours of America: 5 delectable destinations for sweet family memories  (Read 307 times)

Online libertybele

I love dark chocolate. I have a M&M dispenser filled with dark chocolate peanut M&M's sitting on my desk. I do love caramels as well. The article shows a pic of 'Mary Jane' candies which used to be one of my favorites as a kid and I haven't had one since.

Candy tours of America: 5 delectable destinations for sweet family memories

The Candy Man, in an earlier era in American pop culture, was portrayed as a kindly magician who charmed children with the secret ingredient to turn sunshine into dreamy sweet confections.

"He mixes it with love / And makes the world taste good," late multimedia performer Sammy Davis Jr. sang in his signature tune.

Candy as a symbol of love is more than just a bubble-gum pop music lyric, according to renowned candy scholar and historian Susan Benjamin of West Virginia.

"People love candy because it's food people eat when they’re having fun and going to parties or going to movies, and those kinds of things," she told Fox News Digital.

Benjamin is the author of 10 books, including "Sweet as Sin: The Unwrapped Story of How Candy Became America’s Favorite Pleasure."..............

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/candy-tours-america-5-destinations-sweet-family-memories

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

We have something similar in Norm's News up town... A little old fashioned soda fountain joint with remarkable ice cream - You can get an actual hot-fudge sundae or real banana split... Not to mention their burgers and fries - Their buffalo burger is among the best.

The same place has a whole wall that runs the length of it chocked full of candy - and not the stuff you find at the supermarkets. Very old-school hard candies and confectionary oddities. It's a great place to take the grands.

http://normssodafountain.com/#norms-soda-fountain

Online libertybele

We have something similar in Norm's News up town... A little old fashioned soda fountain joint with remarkable ice cream - You can get an actual hot-fudge sundae or real banana split... Not to mention their burgers and fries - Their buffalo burger is among the best.

The same place has a whole wall that runs the length of it chocked full of candy - and not the stuff you find at the supermarkets. Very old-school hard candies and confectionary oddities. It's a great place to take the grands.

http://normssodafountain.com/#norms-soda-fountain

My mouth is watering!  It looks like that would be a really enjoyable place to go.  We don't have anything like that around here anymore.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

My mouth is watering!  It looks like that would be a really enjoyable place to go.  We don't have anything like that around here anymore.

It truly is one of the 'last best places'.  happy77