Author Topic: The rich are getting second passports, citing risk of instability  (Read 702 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/10/rich-americans-get-second-passports-citing-risk-of-instability.html

by Robert Frank
April 10, 2024

Wealthy U.S. families are increasingly applying for second citizenships and national residences as a way to hedge their financial risk, according to a leading law firm.

The wealthy are building these “passport portfolios” — collections of second, and even third or fourth, citizenships — in case they need to flee their home country. Henley & Partners, a law firm that specializes in high-net-worth citizenships, said Americans now outnumber every other nationality when it comes to securing alternative residences or added citizenships.

Recent high-profile examples of second citizenships include billionaire tech investor Peter Thiel, who added a citizenship in New Zealand, and former Google CEO Eric Schmidt, who applied for citizenship in Cyprus.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

Re: The rich are getting second passports, citing risk of instability
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2024, 01:35:42 pm »
 :bkmk:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2024, 01:48:15 pm »
That's what I need, a second citizenship. I wonder if Liechtenstein or Nauru is accepting applications.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2024, 04:09:29 pm »
That's what I need, a second citizenship. I wonder if Liechtenstein or Nauru is accepting applications.  :pondering:
I can pull off the second citizenship no problem, it's that pesky rich issue that I have a problem with **nononono*

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2024, 04:19:59 pm »
Guess I am left with taking a rich person's home when they leave. I'll invite yall over, bring your guns and spare ammo.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 04:21:56 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline banddag

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2024, 04:32:43 pm »
My pick would be Iceland, New Zealand, Australia.  Europe will be majority Islamic in another generation.

If Russia was not going back to an authoritarian police state it would have been a great country to emigrate too. It could have been a great country.

Offline DB

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2024, 05:03:17 pm »
My pick would be Iceland, New Zealand, Australia.  Europe will be majority Islamic in another generation.

If Russia was not going back to an authoritarian police state it would have been a great country to emigrate too. It could have been a great country.

New Zealand and Australia went WAY off the rails over COVID. Not long ago I would have agreed with you, but not now.

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2024, 05:05:07 pm »
If I could afford it; either Slovenia, Denmark, New Zeland,  or Switzerland

Note that the U.S. isn't on the list.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/safest-countries-in-the-world
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2024, 05:41:05 pm »
If I could afford it; either Slovenia, Denmark, New Zeland,  or Switzerland

Note that the U.S. isn't on the list.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/safest-countries-in-the-world
Well I can go claim citizenship by blood with Hungary so that would be my destination :shrug:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2024, 07:35:09 pm »
America is the best, safest country, period.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2024, 07:45:02 pm »
A couple of my wife's relatives are looking into getting Romanian or Croation citizenship ... a little too close to Ukraine and Russia for my taste ... plus, all those E.U. countries are devolving into 3rd World $h!th0le countries.

If I get a second citizenship, it would probably be Uraguay or Namibia.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.