Author Topic: A local Vietnam vet gets 1,700 flags closer to his goal of flying the POW/MIA flag wherever the Amer  (Read 135 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A local Vietnam vet gets 1,700 flags closer to his goal of flying the POW/MIA flag wherever the American flag is thanks to Lowe’s
US and POW/MIA flag (Taken/Pixabay)
APRIL 13, 2024 LYNETTE HAZELTON - PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER

When it seemed like the country was forgetting those veterans who made the ultimate sacrifice, Alan J. Micklin, 83, took up a one-man mission: to make sure that the National League of Families POW/MIA flag would fly wherever and whenever the U.S. flag flew.

The Bensalem man had the law on his side. In 1990, Congress designated the POW/MIA flag as our country’s symbol of concern for POWs and MIAs in Southeast Asia. Since 2019, the National POW/MIA Flag Act required the flag to be displayed beneath the American flag at prominent federal properties.

And now he has Lowe’s on his side.

The big accomplishment

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2024/04/a-local-vietnam-vet-gets-1700-flags-closer-to-his-goal-of-flying-the-pow-mia-flag-wherever-the-american-flag-is-thanks-to-lowes/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.