Author Topic: Could the Navy’s ‘Philadelphia Experiment’ make a ship disappear — and teleport?  (Read 109 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Could the Navy’s ‘Philadelphia Experiment’ make a ship disappear — and teleport?

FEATUREDWIB HISTORYWIB SEA April 11, 2024 Staff Writer

Sean Adams

pennlive.com

Much has been made of unidentified flying objects over the years, including a testimony before Congress last year. But what about unusual floating objects?

One supposed supernatural event focuses on Navy ships stationed in Philadelphia during World War II, and a rumored secret experiment that would make the vessels invisible. This so-called Philadelphia Experiment went awry somehow, so the legend says — or perhaps, it worked too well.

On the Naval History and Heritage Command website, the entry for the Philadelphia Experiment says that the event was alleged to have taken place in the fall of 1943, and resulted in a U.S. Navy destroyer not only disappearing from sight but vanishing from the harbor entirely, reappearing by some kind of instantaneous travel in Norfolk, Virginia.

“The ship involved in the experiment was supposedly the USS Eldridge,” reads the website. “Supposedly, the crew of the civilian merchant ship SS Andrew Furuseth observed the arrival via teleportation of the Eldridge into the Norfolk area.”

https://warisboring.com/could-the-navys-philadelphia-experiment-make-a-ship-disappear-and-teleport/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson