Author Topic: Border Insecurity is Election Interference  (Read 103 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border Insecurity is Election Interference
« on: April 13, 2024, 12:29:05 pm »
Border Insecurity is Election Interference
Commentary
March 29, 2024

By Brian Lonergan

For all the things we hear in the news today speciously described as election interference, it is curious that one of the most obvious threats to democracy is rarely classified as such: allowing millions of foreign nationals to enter the country illegally and to potentially vote in American elections.

Allowing illegal aliens to vote in U.S. elections is not just a potential problem; it is happening right now. Congress passed a law in 1996 prohibiting noncitizens from voting in federal elections, but there is no such restriction on local and state elections. Municipalities in California, Maryland, Vermont, and the District of Columbia currently have noncitizen voting. There are efforts underway to bring the practice to other communities.

Noncitizen voting has become a priority agenda item for the anti-borders lobby—right up there with blocking wall construction, advocating sanctuary laws, and counting noncitizens in the U.S. census.

The motivation behind this should be obvious. A large pool of noncitizens, most of whom have little or no understanding of America’s founding principles, can be easily swayed to vote a certain way in critical races. At that point, the floodgates can be opened for a slew of radical laws that most Americans would not support.

https://irli.org/border-insecurity-is-election-interference/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson