Author Topic: Researchers Find Hoary Bat Could Impact Government Wind Power Plans  (Read 193 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Researchers Find Hoary Bat Could Impact Government Wind Power Plans

Heartland Author
April 12, 2024

By Tom Joyce
(The Center Square) – Researchers at Oregon State University were the first to see an at-risk bat flying over the open ocean – something that could impact future offshore wind development.

An OSU researcher was on a research cruise focused on marine mammals and seabirds, but he saw something he wasn’t expecting. It was the first-ever documented sighting of a hoary bat flying over the open ocean, according to  the school.

The bat was spotted in the Humboldt Wind Energy Area approximately 30 miles off the northern California coast.

“The Humboldt area has been leased for potential offshore energy development, and the hoary bat is the species of bat most frequently found dead at wind power facilities on land,” the school said.

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2024/04/researchers-find-hoary-bat-could-impact-government-wind-power-plans/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson