Author Topic: Denver Set to Defund Police, Firefighters to Pay for Illegal Aliens  (Read 147 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Denver Set to Defund Police, Firefighters to Pay for Illegal Aliens
Heartland Author
April 12, 2024

Denver, Colorado
The Democratic-run city of Denver, Colorado, plans to defund its police department to pay for illegal immigrants.

Denver, which is commonly referred to as a “sanctuary city,” announced on Wednesday that it will spend $89.9 million on services for incoming illegal migrants, pulling some of the funding from roughly $45 million in public programs and services. Denver’s police department will be hit with an $8.4 million reduction — about 1.9% of its total operating budget, the city confirmed to the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Denver became the top destination per capita for incoming migrants in 2023, having had more than 40,000 arrive that year alone — putting the total migrant population at roughly 710,000, according to NBC News. Denver already spent over $42 million in 2023 in housing and medical services for migrants and plans to spend over $100 million on similar costs in 2024.

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2024/04/denver-defund-police-firefighters-pay-for-illegal-aliens/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Denver Set to Defund Police, Firefighters to Pay for Illegal Aliens
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2024, 12:21:09 pm »
I wonder why in blue cities when there is a money crunch the police and fire departments are cut and illegal "newcomers" are held harmless? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson