Author Topic: Audit: California Lost Track of $24 Billion Spent to Combat Homelessness  (Read 1552 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Audit: California Lost Track of $24 Billion Spent to Combat Homelessness

Olivia Rondeau 12 Apr 2024

California Gov. Gavin Newsom’s (D) administration lost track of the $24 billion in taxpayer funds it spent over the past five years in an attempt to curb the state’s homelessness crisis, an audit has found.

The California State Auditor’s report, released on April 9, detailed multiple “gaps” in accountability in regards to how the money was allocated during the 2018-2023 fiscal years. Lead auditor Grant Parks said the state “has not collected sufficient data” to prove that the billions of dollars improved the situation.

Parks, who was appointed by Newsom in 2022, added in the report that the California Interagency Council on Homelessness (Cal ICH) has “not consistently tracked and evaluated the State’s efforts to prevent and end homelessness,” since 2021.

“Cal ICH has also not aligned its action plan to end homelessness with its statutory goals to collect financial information and ensure accountability and results,” the report states. “Thus, it lacks assurance that the actions it takes will effectively enable it to achieve those goals.”

In short, there’s no way to determine if the money actually went to providing real help to homeless people.

Conservatives around the state are now demanding answers, with California Assembly Republican Leader James Gallagher calling out Newsom directly.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/04/12/audit-california-lost-track-24-billion-spent-combat-homelessness/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Their solution will be to appropriate twice as much money next year to make up the difference.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I'd look in Switzerland or the Caymans to find out where it went.
The Republic is lost.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California Loses $24 Billion in Homeless Crisis Funds, Republicans Demand Answers
Frank BergmanApril 12, 2024 - 11:54 am2 Comments

Officials in Democrat-controlled California have lost track of a staggering $24 billion in taxpayer funding that was meant to be spent on tackling the state’s escalating homelessness crisis.

An audit released earlier this week indicated that the state spent around $24B to tackle the homeless crisis over the past five years.

However, officials have no record of where the money was supposedly spent.

Additionally, the state has no evidence that the huge outlay of public money did anything to actually improve the problem.

California GOP leaders have responded by demanding answers.

https://slaynews.com/news/california-loses-24-billion-homeless-crisis-funds-republicans-demand-answers/
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 05:01:07 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

California GOP leaders have responded by demanding answers.

If they can put together enough spine from the whole group, I think it would be wise to investigate programs for the illegal "newcomers" to see if they had a sudden infusion of $24 billion. *hmmmm*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MOD6

Topics merged.

Offline PeteS in CA

State and local gooberments treat "homelessness" as primarily a cost of housing problem - people can't afford it, so they are homeless. While that is true of a small minority, most homeless people are druggies, mentally ill, or both. As long as gooberment attacks a phantom problem, little progress can be made. And because gooberment throws $$ at the issue it has gotten far worse: When government subsidizes something government gets more of that something.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'd look in Switzerland or the Caymans to find out where it went.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien