Author Topic: The media mourn a murderer  (Read 218 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The media mourn a murderer
« on: April 13, 2024, 12:36:57 am »
The media mourn a murderer
By
Jeremiah Poff
April 12, 2024 5:43 pm

If you glanced at the headlines from the legacy media outlets about the death of Orenthal James Simpson this week, you might think that he was a famous football player who overcame a racist judicial system instead of the murderer he was.

Simpson infamously killed his former wife, Nicole Brown, and her friend Ron Goldman in 1994. A Los Angeles jury acquitted him of this heinous crime in 1995 in what was widely recognized as a miscarriage of justice but celebrated by the local African American community as a sort of payback for the Rodney King riots of 1992.

But as news of Simpson’s death made its way across the media landscape, legacy outlets took turns eulogizing him and painting him as a victim or a hero instead of a famous football player who murdered two people.

“He wasn’t a social justice leader, but he represented something for the black community, particularly because there were two white people killed,” said Ashley Allison, a CNN political commentator and an alum of President Joe Biden’s 2020 campaign. “And the history around black people persecuted during slavery.”

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1778764510058156315

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/2963997/the-media-mourn-a-murderer/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The media mourn a murderer
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2024, 12:04:50 pm »
Had he not been an ex-football player and person of color, the media wouldn't have even acknowledged his death.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson