Author Topic: US drones useless in Ukraine  (Read 155 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US drones useless in Ukraine
« on: April 12, 2024, 04:07:59 pm »
US drones useless in Ukraine
By Lucas Leiroz -April 12, 20240114

US aid to Ukraine with drones is proving insufficient on the battlefield. Recently, the Western media admitted that American unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in Ukraine are ineffective in combating Russia. The case clearly shows the weaknesses of Western military technology, which has proven useless when tested on the battlefield.

According to the Wall Street Journal (WSJ), small American drones sent to Ukraine are not capable of evading efficient Russian electronic warfare mechanisms. US-made UAVs are used massively for reconnaissance operations and grenade attacks, but their results are unsatisfactory and do not bring real benefits to Ukrainian troops on the front lines.

https://www.vtforeignpolicy.com/2024/04/us-drones-useless-in-ukraine/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: US drones useless in Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 04:17:14 pm »
So they're already obsolete.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Hoodat

Re: US drones useless in Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024, 04:55:06 pm »
US drones are based on the same old technology that was handed to Iran back during Obama's reign.  US drones can easily be hacked, and they do not serve the purposes that Ukraine has.  Ukraine relies on small drones that act as flying bombs to target soldiers, vehicles, and stationary objects.  The US military simply doesn't think that way.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-