Author Topic: Budget office says amphibious ship could cost triple Navy’s estimate  (Read 109 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Budget office says amphibious ship could cost triple Navy’s estimate
By Megan Eckstein
 Apr 11, 03:30 PM

The Congressional Budget Office expects the Landing Ship Medium program to cost billions of dollars more than the U.S. Navy previously estimated, though the organization noted that ongoing questions about the ship’s role create uncertainty on the final design and cost.

The office estimated an 18-ship LSM program would cost between $6.2 billion and $7.8 billion in 2024 inflation-adjusted dollars, or $340 million to $430 million per ship. This is three times more than the Navy’s comparable estimate of $2.6 billion total, or $150 million per ship.

The CBO, in a report released April 11, noted the program would cost between $11.9 billion and $15 billion in 2024 dollars if the service ultimately buys 35 ships, as the Marine Corps has pushed for.

https://www.defensenews.com/newsletters/2024/04/11/budget-office-says-amphibious-ship-could-cost-triple-navys-estimate/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson