Author Topic: The Case for Glenn Youngkin  (Read 520 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Case for Glenn Youngkin
« on: April 12, 2024, 02:53:39 pm »
April 12, 2024
The Case for Glenn Youngkin
By John Foley

As we are waiting for Donald Trump to name his running mate, we here some laudable names such as Kristi Noem, Tulsi Gabbard, Tim Scott, and other prominent figures as potential Vice Presidential material

What do we want in a Vice President? First, the idea that the VP could take the reins should something happen to the President.  Given the age of Donald Trump, this is a very legitimate concern.  What else?  How about winning their home state?  Being an asset to the ticket (Kamala fails that test)?  Unifying the ticket?  Being able to persuade suburban women (the ultimate swing vote nowadays) to vote Republican from the top of the ticket down?

Right now, the consensus is that there are seven swing states.  Ideally, the VP should come from one of the swing states to ensure that Donald Trump can put that swing state in the Republican column.  There is another swing state that has received little attention.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2024/04/the_case_for_glenn_youngkin.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: The Case for Glenn Youngkin
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 03:04:25 pm »
Younkin is better served by remaining Gov till 2026. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024, 03:59:42 pm »
Didn't Trump say his name sounded Chinese? 

The governor's resume includes Harvard, Rice, and upper management at McKinsey, Credit Suisse, Carlyle.  I doubt he wants to add Senile Man's Pooper Scooper to that list.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2024, 04:22:54 pm »
Youngkin has gone wobbly over the past year.  So that's a hard no.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2024, 04:32:48 pm »
Younkin is better served by remaining Gov till 2026.

I agree.  The VP position is good only as a name-recognition  springboard for the next election, and doesn't really add much to a successful governor like Youngkin who already has plenty of name recognition.   Especially among potential donors.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2024, 04:34:24 pm »
Didn't Trump say his name sounded Chinese? 

Hopefully, that gave him enough of a taste of what it might be like working for Trump to turn him off from that idea.. To be completely honest, anyone who accepted a VP slot from Trump would immediately drop to the bottom of my list of preferred nominees for 2028.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2024, 06:03:16 pm »
Youngkin is hangin' loose for the post-Trump era.  No need for Youngkin to get stained with orange spray tan.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 07:18:08 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2024, 06:11:25 pm »
Youngkin is hangin' loose for the post-Trump era.  No need for Youngkin to get stained by orange spray tan.

It's gonna be Tulsi Gabbard, in any event.   :laugh:

She's female...a Democrat...and a Russian agent.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2024, 09:19:36 pm »
Youngkin is hangin' loose for the post-Trump era.  No need for Youngkin to get stained by orange spray tan.

:silly:

That's right... He'd do well to plot his path a far way around the Tar Baby.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2024, 10:15:06 pm »
NO.

Mr. Youngkin is a "one-election wonder" who, after his term is over, will probably never win another statewide election again.

Rand Paul or J.D. Vance.
Mr. Vance, in particular, would be a good matchup with Mr. Trump.