Author Topic: Afghan migrant on terror watchlist roams free in US after being released by Border Patrol and immigr  (Read 153 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Afghan migrant on terror watchlist roams free in US after being released by Border Patrol and immigration judge
By Social Links forVictor Nava
Published April 12, 2024, 2:15 a.m. ET

A suspected member of a “virulently anti-Western” terrorist group was turned loose by federal authorities after being apprehended crossing the US-Mexico border and, later, freed again when he went before an immigration judge, according to a report.

Customs and Border Protection agents apprehended and released Mohammad Kharwin, 48, after he illegally entered the US near San Ysidro, Calif., in March of 2023, despite suspicions the Afghan national was on the FBI’s terrorist watchlist, according to NBC News.

Kharwin was released under Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s “Alternatives to Detention” program – a process that generally requires migrants to submit to GPS tracking or reporting their whereabouts on a smartphone app – after CBP agents couldn’t definitively determine he was on the terror watchlist.

A suspected member of a “virulently anti-Western” terrorist group was turned loose by federal authorities after being apprehended crossing the US-Mexico border and, later, freed again when he went before an immigration judge, according to a report.

Almost a year later, the FBI notified ICE that Kharwin was a suspected member of the US-designated foreign terror group Hezb-e-Islami, or HIG.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/12/us-news/afghan-migrant-on-terror-watchlist-free-in-us-after-release-by-border-patrol-immigration-judge/
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 11:32:14 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
News like this certainly makes me feel safer! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson