Author Topic: John Stossel: Plastic recycling is a DIRTY LIE.  (Read 393 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
John Stossel: Plastic recycling is a DIRTY LIE.
« on: April 12, 2024, 10:36:57 am »
John Stossel
@JohnStossel
Plastic recycling is a DIRTY LIE.

So why do so many green activists push it?

“I think they get a charge out of telling people what to do,”
@JohnTierneyNYC
 tells me.

More than ever… recycling is garbage.

https://twitter.com/JohnStossel/status/1777364277428670555?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1777364277428670555%7Ctwgr%5Ea42fb98f0e537bb151558167d4feec4584c2fd47%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.climatedepot.com%2F2024%2F04%2F09%2Fwatch-john-stossel-plastic-recycling-is-a-dirty-lie%2F
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Polly Ticks

Re: John Stossel: Plastic recycling is a DIRTY LIE.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 12:50:08 pm »
I think they just like the idea of looking down their noses and feeling superior.
We used the recycling bin when we were in a township that provided it without any extra cost.  When we moved to our current area and you have to pay for a recycling container if you want to have one, we stopped participating in the charade.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024, 12:56:57 pm »
I'm pretty sure that the recycling service I have to pay extra for along with my quarterly garbage haul bill just takes it all to the landfill for disposal instead of a recycling center, as we were promised over and over again.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2024, 02:19:24 pm »
Our WallyWorld has a garbage can at the entrance for plastic bag drop-off.  It is always empty!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2024, 02:57:47 pm »
Our WallyWorld has a garbage can at the entrance for plastic bag drop-off.  It is always empty!

The few bins we have left around here are empty.  But all that is because they charge for using the bags.  It’s changed the whole dynamic.  Conveniently at the same time as Scamdemic.

Never mind a decade ago they stated that these bags don’t really recycle.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2024, 03:00:57 pm »
I think they just like the idea of looking down their noses and feeling superior.
We used the recycling bin when we were in a township that provided it without any extra cost.  When we moved to our current area and you have to pay for a recycling container if you want to have one, we stopped participating in the charade.

My MIL in central PA had the services, but didn’t bother just because of the extra space in her tiny home and the inconvenience of it.

I wouldn’t mind ignoring either, but her son my DH likes to do it, mostly like me because it gives another bin to get rid of stuff 2x a week.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2024, 03:06:38 pm »
I actually like the idea of giving people the option of recycling plastic.  I worked for company was rolling out rail of PE cars by the minute. 

But to me, its not an environmental issue, but a market for good recycled PE products like deck board, and other products.   And at the benefit of saving landfill space of a non-biodegradable material.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 03:07:30 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.