Author Topic: Emails Show Biden WH Pressured Snopes To Change Its Fact-Check Rating On Gas Stove Ban  (Read 180 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Emails Show Biden WH Pressured Snopes To Change Its Fact-Check Rating On Gas Stove Ban
by Thomas Catenacci  2 hours ago in News Reading Time: 3 mins read

Biden administration officials successfully pressured the fact-checking website Snopes to alter its rating on a fact check it conducted regarding a potential federal ban on gas stoves, according to internal communications. [emphasis, links added]

In early January 2023, Snopes issued a “mixture” rating on the claim that the Biden administration was considering a ban on gas-powered stovetops, citing comments made by a senior official overseeing product regulations.

Shortly before the fact check, Richard Trumka Jr., a member of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), said such a ban was “on the table.”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/emails-show-biden-wh-pressured-snopes-to-change-its-fact-check-rating-on-gas-stove-ban/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I wonder how much money was included in that bribe, er, pressure? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson