Author Topic: Man Sues Govt For Not Protecting Him From Sea Rise  (Read 172 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Man Sues Govt For Not Protecting Him From Sea Rise
« on: April 12, 2024, 10:12:51 am »
Man Sues Govt For Not Protecting Him From Sea Rise
APRIL 11, 2024
By Paul Homewood

Hot on the heels of the ECHR judgement, we now face the possibility of a rush of silly legal climate cases:

A homeowner who lost his house to coastal erosion is suing the Government for breaching his human rights, in a landmark case following this week’s controversial European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) ruling on climate change.

Kevin Jordan, 70, a former marine engineer, is one of two Britons who claim their human rights have been violated by the failure of the Government to protect them.

The chances of his groundbreaking case succeeding have been boosted by a ruling by the ECHR on Tuesday that governments have a duty to protect people from climate change.

Mr Jordan’s judicial review is due to be considered this summer by the High Court, where judges will take account of previous legal precedents such as the ECHR ruling. It is likely to intensify the political row after MPs accused the ECHR of usurping the role of elected politicians in determining climate change policies.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2024/04/11/man-sues-govt-for-not-protecting-him-from-sea-rise/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Man Sues Govt For Not Protecting Him From Sea Rise
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 10:14:09 am »
The EU has dug itself a monstrous hole on the climate warming scam. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson