Author Topic: US Navy secretary says he was 'floored' by a Pacific ally's shipbuilding abilities amid American war  (Read 196 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Navy secretary says he was 'floored' by a Pacific ally's shipbuilding abilities amid American warship production woes
Story by cpanella@businessinsider.com (Chris Panella) • 18h •

US Navy Secretary Carlos Del Toro said he was "floored" at South Korea's shipbuilding abilities.

A recent review found that the US Navy's top shipbuilding programs are heavily delayed by years.

Del Toro and other Navy officials addressed US shipbuilding problems in a budget hearing this week.

Amid concerns about American shipbuilding, the US Navy's top civilian official said this week that he was "floored" by a Pacific ally's capabilities in this space.

The Navy secretary's comments came on the heels of an internal review that discovered that most of the Navy's top programs, including high-priority submarines, a first-in-class guided-missile frigate, and the third Ford-class aircraft carrier, are severely delayed by years, fueling worries from US officials about the ability to maintain our pace against great power rivals.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-navy-secretary-says-he-was-floored-by-a-pacific-ally-s-shipbuilding-abilities-amid-american-warship-production-woes/ar-BB1lsVGd?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=80dd1880803e441f888c8589d941020f&ei=36
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Pitiful.  Clueless. Frightening.

*bouche*
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus