Author Topic: Idaho mom, 85, committed 'justifiable homicide' by shooting armed home intruder, prosecutor says  (Read 1184 times)

Online libertybele

Go Granny Go!!!  888high58888   Yeppers .... a 357 magnum ought to do it! happy77

Idaho mom, 85, committed 'justifiable homicide' by shooting armed home intruder, prosecutor says

An 85-year-old Idaho mother who shot and killed a home intruder committed a "justifiable homicide" that is "one of the most heroic acts of self-preservation I have heard of," Bingham County Prosecuting Attorney Ryan Jolley stated in an incident review.

The suspect, identified as 39-year-old Derek Condon, entered the home Christine Jenneiahn shares with her disabled son around 2 a.m. March 13. Condon was "dressed in a military jacket, black ski mask, and pointing a gun and flashlight" at Jenneiahn, according to the document.

Jolley says Condon placed Jenneiahn in handcuffs and took her into the living room of her home, where he took her at gunpoint and handcuffed her to a wooden chair.

After demanding to know where the valuables were kept in the home, Condon allegedly placed his pistol on the victim's head when she told him she did not have much. Jenneiahn then told the home intruder about two safes downstairs, and the prosecutor says he left her handcuffed in the living room while he went to rummage through the home.

Condon reportedly became angry when he found out Jenneiahn's son was in the home, and she did not tell him. The suspect is said to have made numerous threats to kill Jenneiahn.

"At one point while Condon was downstairs, Christine drug the chair she was handcuffed to into her bedroom, and retrieved her 357 magnum revolver from under her pillow," Jolley wrote. "She then went back into the living room and hid the revolver between the arm rest and cushion of a couch next to where she was seated and waited to see what Condon did next.".............

https://www.foxnews.com/us/idaho-mom-85-committed-justifiable-homicide-shooting-armed-home-intruder-prosecutor-says
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
She should have used all her bullets!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Hory shet, the tough old lady lasted over 10 hours with multiple gunshot wounds before her disabled son found her and gave her a phone to call 911! Happy ending, the bad guy died at the scene.
Let it burn.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Go granny, go granny, go granny go!
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

An 85-year-old woman handling a 357 magnum

Impressive
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
She should have used all her bullets!

Very wise real world lesson. Doing so may have meant shot by fewer or no bullets on the return fire.
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

Idaho.

FAFO.

*mic drop*

Online LMAO

I’ve handled and shot a 357 magnum

It’s got a little bit of a recoil to it and I’m a strong guy

Good thing she had that and  not a 9 mm
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Very wise real world lesson. Doing so may have meant shot by fewer or no bullets on the return fire.
She's 85, after one shot especially handcuffed she may have been unable to fire again, at least not before the POS shot her, and he probably had a semi. What she did was impressive, and I hope she heals well, but as soon as she can she need to get a semi auto so if this happens again she is better prepared to off the next SOB.

Offline roamer_1

She's 85, after one shot especially handcuffed she may have been unable to fire again, at least not before the POS shot her, and he probably had a semi. What she did was impressive, and I hope she heals well, but as soon as she can she need to get a semi auto so if this happens again she is better prepared to off the next SOB.

Yeah... And go up to a forty or forty five - I don't think that kicks much different from a 357 mag... And might even be softer if that mag is a snubby.

Offline American Girl

Just a reminder that if you're a psychopathic criminal breaking into a home on the American frontier, you're more likely than not to find a gun waiting for you on the other side of the door!

https://www.usasupreme.com/85-year-old-idaho-woman-handcuffed-and-threatened-turns-tables-on-attacker-with-357-magnum/

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 07:38:35 pm by GtHawk »

Online Mod2

Topics merged and moved to Crime and Punishment