Author Topic: Want to Guess What the Media Missed Regarding This Officer-Involved Shooting in Chicago?  (Read 162 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Want to Guess What the Media Missed Regarding This Officer-Involved Shooting in Chicago?

Matt Vespa
April 11, 2024 7:00 AM

The dishonesty from the media continues to sink to absurd levels. On March 21, Dexter Reed was shot and killed by Chicago police after he fired on officers. It’s all on video. Reed fired first, which led to police returning fire. One officer was shot and injured by Reed. The media either obsesses about the 96 fired shots or buries the crucial detail that Reed fired first. The incident was a routine traffic stop, where Reed was pulled over for reportedly not wearing a seatbelt. Credit to NBC 5 Chicago, who had an accurate headline for this story: “Police fire nearly 100 shots in 41 seconds after man shot officer during traffic stop.”

As the group stopped Reed, multiple officers surrounded his vehicle and, according to several bodycam videos, asked him to roll his windows down repeatedly. Officers then shouted at Reed not to roll the windows up and to unlock his doors.

As they shout, Reed can be heard saying "OK, I'm trying to," with officers continuing to pull on the door handle and shouting for him to unlock the doors, some backing away and raising their firearms.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2024/04/11/heres-why-chicago-police-fired-96-shots-at-a-suspect-n2637631#google_vignette
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline goatprairie

Don't start shooting at cops, and maybe they won't shoot back at you.
I don't see how difficult that is for people to understand. But obviously many people don't understand it.
The stats show that cops are far more likely to be shot and killed by black males than cops shooting unarmed black males.
And to be sure unarmed doesn't mean not dangerous.
This clown did something exceptionally stupid and paid with his life for it.