Author Topic: Democrats Vote Against Bill Adding Citizenship Question to Census  (Read 108 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Democrats Vote Against Bill Adding Citizenship Question to Census
 m
PAUL BOIS11 Apr 2024279
Democrats in the House Oversight Committee voted against a bill seeking to add a citizenship question to the U.S. Census.

“HR7109, the Equal Representation Act, does two simple things. First: the bill requires the Census Bureau to include a citizenship question on the decennial census questionnaire,” Rep. James Comer (R-KY) said of the bill. “Second: the bill directs that this information be used to ensure fair representation by requiring only citizens be included in the apportionment base.”

Comer noted in his speech before the oversight committee that the question would be a simple “Yes” or “No” question regarding an individual’s citizenship.

“By requiring this question, the United States government will be able to collect accurate data on the makeup of our population,” he said. “The census bureau currently estimates the non-citizen population using survey data from the census-administered American community survey. But that data is not based on the entire population. It’s only an estimate and suffers a large margin of error.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/04/11/democrats-vote-against-bill-adding-citizenship-question-to-census/
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 04:53:05 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson