Author Topic: 30 gunshots fired at Philadelphia event; 3 injured, 5 arrested  (Read 207 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
30 gunshots fired at Philadelphia event; 3 injured, 5 arrested
Police car lights (Viorel Margineanu/Dreamstime/TNS)
APRIL 11, 2024 TIMOTHY FRUDD

Multiple people were injured in a Wednesday shooting incident at a Ramadan celebration in Philadelphia. Philadelphia officials reported that three people were shot, and five individuals were arrested.

According to Fox 29, roughly 1,000 people were at Wednesday’s Eid al-Fitr event in Philadelphia to celebrate the end of the Islamic month of Ramadan. Police explained that three individuals were shot at 2:26 p.m. at the event, which was being held near the 4700 block of Wyalusing Avenue.

Philadelphia Police Department officials told reporters that about 30 gunshots were fired during the shooting incident. One of the three people who were shot on Wednesday was a 15-year-old boy. Philadelphia Police Commissioner Kevin Bethel told reporters that a police officer shot the 15-year-old in his left arm and left leg when he was ordered to drop a rifle and refused to comply.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2024/04/30-gunshots-fired-at-philadelphia-event-3-injured-5-arrested/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: 30 gunshots fired at Philadelphia event; 3 injured, 5 arrested
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 04:23:37 pm »
Great prayer rugs of Allah, they didn't arrest any Muslims, did they?  Even if they did the shootings, the police needed to arrest "people of the book" to keep things calm. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson