Author Topic: Air dominance: How the future fight will be won  (Read 607 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air dominance: How the future fight will be won
« on: April 11, 2024, 04:12:49 pm »
Air dominance: 
How the future fight will be won
Autonomy evolution leading to a new era in aviation.
 As allied nations look to safeguard air superiority and military readiness — amidst an evolving security environment —
industry must take a holistic approach. The key to victory no longer lies in a single new aircraft or weapon but in a family of crewed and autonomous systems working together.
Boeing is building on 80 years of autonomous innovation to enable the warfighter across all domains at the speed of
relevance.
 To accelerate an autonomous future, draw on the past.

Boeing’s first forays into autonomy date back to World War II, when converted B-17s flew as drones on missions deemed too
dangerous for crews. Since then, Boeing has invested in and advanced state-of-the art autonomous systems and innovations
for the warfighter, including:
• Remotely piloted aircraft, beginning in the 1950s.
 • Self-guided missiles, beginning in the 1970s.
 • High-altitude, long-endurance uncrewed aircraft, beginning in the 1980s.
 • Stealthy, uncrewed reconnaissance aircraft in the 1990s.
 • Turnkey maritime intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance services (ISR) beginning with ScanEagle in the 2000s.

• First uncrewed airborne system designed specifically for network-centric combat operations with the X-45 in the 2000s.
 • Persistent ISR with the high-altitude, long-endurance Phantom Eye in the 2010s.
 • Rapid prototyping and further technology advances with Phantom Ray in the 2010s.
The depth of knowledge from past work shapes emerging and evolving systems. Phantom Works, the advanced research and
development unit within Boeing Defense, Space & Security, is an industry leader in this space.

https://www.defensedaily.com/partner-content/air-dominance-how-the-future-fight-will-be-won/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Air dominance: How the future fight will be won
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 04:14:30 pm »
Based on what we are seeing from Boeing in the commercial sector, the future of American military aviation ain't looking so hot! **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online banddag

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 04:54:29 pm »
I figure the gov't has aircraft  we cannot even comprehend at this point. All the stealth fighters and bomber were designed and built in the 70's.
My BIL is VP at a major defense contractor.  He told me at a wedding last year the stuff they are working on is Star Trek level.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2024, 09:58:51 pm »
Title and premise:
"Air dominance: How the future fight will be won"

Hmmmm....
With large spy balloons that can fly over an entire continent yet be unmolested?

Online banddag

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2024, 05:16:28 pm »

Hmmmm....
With large spy balloons that can fly over an entire continent yet be unmolested?

We allowed them to go over because we learned more about the Chinese than they learned from us.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2024, 05:28:47 pm »
 :
We allowed them to go over because we learned more about the Chinese than they learned from us.
:mauslaff: :happyhappy: :happyhappy: :happyhappy:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 05:30:38 pm by GtHawk »

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2024, 06:09:33 pm »
Air is only one battle theater among many - sea surface, underwater, space, internet, ground, logistics, economic, scientific, information, electronic intelligence, human intelligence, etc.

No one has won a war with air only.  The enemy usually embeds itself in the civilian population and/or goes underground.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline berdie

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2024, 08:05:06 pm »

I envy your optimism.