Author Topic: Congress given more control over Air Force’s reorganization plans  (Read 132 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Congress given more control over Air Force’s reorganization plans
FEATUREDWIB AIR April 5, 2024 Staff Writer

Thomas Gnau
Dayton Daily News, Ohio
(TNS)

Apr. 5—Members of Congress are directing Air Force leaders to offer more details on a plan to position the service to better compete with China, eying possible impacts on military installations and local jobs.

In the recent appropriations package Congress passed, and President Biden signed into law, an amendment expands the oversight role of Congress as the Air Force continues what leaders call a “re-optimization” to compete in a new strategic environment.

Chief among the proposed changes would be the creation of an Integrated Capabilities Command, led by a three-star general, which would identify the Air Force’s future needs.

Language approved by the Appropriations Committee and passed out of Congress last month says that, to date, the Air Force has “not provided thorough justification for this reorganization, a comprehensive implementation plan or detailed budgetary information necessary for the subcommittees to assess this plan.”

https://warisboring.com/congress-given-more-control-over-air-forces-reorganization-plans/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Congress given more control over Air Force’s reorganization plans
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 04:03:25 pm »
If it wasn't screwed up before, it will be now that the no nothings in congress plan to fix things. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson