Author Topic: Navy scuttled by internet following embarrassing post  (Read 177 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy scuttled by internet following embarrassing post
« on: April 11, 2024, 03:44:46 pm »
Navy scuttled by internet following embarrassing post

FEATUREDWIB CULTUREWIB WEAPONS April 10, 2024 Staff Writer and Andy Wolf

The United States Navy is catching some shade after releasing an embarrassing photo that suggests why Sailors should probably stick to shipboard cannons.

The memes, jokes and controversy surround a photo in which the commanding officer of the USS John McCain is apparently qualifying with a service rifle while on ship.

The only problem: the officer’s rifle scope is mounted backwards.

In addition to jokes by military pages and those knowledgeable with firearms, companies that sell firearms and firearms accessories have also joined in.

“Even we wouldn’t do this,” wrote Sightmark on the Navy’s ill-fated post, seemingly self-aware of their own low-tier status in the world of firearms optics and accessories.

https://warisboring.com/navy-scuttled-by-internet-following-embarrassing-post/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Navy scuttled by internet following embarrassing post
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 03:57:30 pm »
On one occasion, we dropped a target for the gunners mates to practice on in the pond.  It was about 20' X 20'.  No one expected our gunners to hit it and true to form, they missed it on many occasions.  Well, you can't leave something like that drifting in the shipping lanes so we came about and the MARDET C.O. came out to put it to death.  He shot from the flight deck and the target was maybe 50 yards away.  Of course, there were many sailors who came out to witness this great event.  The C.O. strutted around like a rooster for a few minutes before getting ready to put an end to the target.  Off went the shot, and splash went the bullet as his aim was a bit off.   Greats howls of laughter greeted this modern-day Buffalo Bill which he didn't seem to appreciate.  So, it isn't only the Navy that screws things like that up. 000hehehehe
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online DB

Re: Navy scuttled by internet following embarrassing post
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 04:36:32 pm »
That photo was likely photoshopped to show casing flying in the air - yet no evidence of anything happening at the muzzle... No smoke, no flash, no heat...