Author Topic: Chicago Dems Plotted the World’s Greatest Jailbreak to Steal a Presidential Election During the Civi  (Read 222 times)

Online corbe

Chicago Dems Plotted the World’s Greatest Jailbreak to Steal a Presidential Election
During the Civil War, Democrats came up with a unique plan to find more voters.

April 11, 2024 by Daniel Greenfield

[Pre-order a copy of Daniel Greenfield’s first book, Domestic Enemies, by clicking here. Orders will begin shipping on April 30th.]

“They will vote early and often, and they will fight,” Charles Walsh, a top figure in the Democratic political machine who had unsuccessfully run for Sheriff of Cook County, promised.

The year was 1864 and Walsh, the “doorkeeper’ of the Illinois House, who lost an election to a Republican by less than 800 votes, had a plan to win a presidential election the Chicago Way.

It was simple.

Abraham Lincoln was so associated with Illinois that “Land of Lincoln” would become its name, but Chicago was a whole other matter. Could Chicago Democrats hope to win Illinois? The Democrats had bet big on Chicago by bringing the Democratic National Convention to town.

The Democratic convention adopted a platform claiming that “after four years of failure to restore the Union by the experiment of war”, it was time to negotiate a settlement. But the convention was also to be the opening round of what became known as the “Chicago Conspiracy” in which Democrats plotted treason, a coup and a unique way to win an election.

<..snip..>

https://www.frontpagemag.com/chicago-dems-plotted-the-worlds-greatest-jailbreak-to-steal-a-presidential-election/#comments
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

They will do the same thing 160 years later.  I'll forever believe Nixon won Illinois in 1960.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online LMAO

The incarcerated and the dead
The Democratic Party has quite the constituency
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy