Author Topic: Army pushes more safety training as helicopter crashes spike  (Read 144 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army pushes more safety training as helicopter crashes spike
« on: April 11, 2024, 01:31:13 pm »
Army pushes more safety training as helicopter crashes spike
By Todd South
 Apr 10, 02:01 PM

The Army has ordered an aviation “safety stand up,” with additional aviation training across the force following a dozen mishaps that have resulted in 10 fatalities in only the first six months of the fiscal year.

By comparison, the Army had 10 mishaps and 14 fatalities for all fiscal 2023. The current number of mishaps is equal to or higher than the total annual mishaps reported each year since fiscal 2016, according to Army Combat Readiness Center data.

“Over the first six months of this fiscal year we’ve seen a troubling trend with our accident rates,” Maj. Gen. Walter Rugen, director of Army aviation said on a call with reporters Wednesday. “And certainly, any loss of life is 100% unacceptable and obviously when we have [an] accident where we lose the aircraft or severely damage the aircraft, we consider that unacceptable too.”

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2024/04/10/army-pushes-more-safety-training-as-helicopter-crashes-spike/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Army pushes more safety training as helicopter crashes spike
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 01:32:06 pm »
It seems the biggest threat to US military pilots these days are maintainers. :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson