Author Topic: Biden Co-Chair Clyburn: People Must See ‘Real’ on Economy, Not Disinfo., 401(K)s ‘Not About People’s  (Read 338 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Co-Chair Clyburn: People Must See ‘Real’ on Economy, Not Disinfo., 401(K)s ‘Not About People’s Everyday Lives’

Ian Hanchett 11 Apr 2024

On Wednesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Biden Campaign Co-Chair Rep. James Clyburn (D-SC) stated that “401(k)s are not about people’s everyday lives.” And “we’ve got to get” people “to see…that inflation today is about 40% of what it was when Joe Biden took office.” And get people to see “that which is real, not what they may hear on social media.”

Clyburn said, “I think that we have to focus on people’s everyday lives. And 401(k)s are not about people’s everyday lives. And I do believe, just from my own observations, from the conversations I’ve had with people, they are concerned about things like inflation, but what we’ve got to get them to see is that inflation today is about 40% of what it was when Joe Biden took office. And so, the inflation rates are down and people’s incomes are up. Unemployment is on the decrease. And, although we see the prices at the stores costing more money, people are, in fact, earning greater incomes. So, what we’ve got to do is make sure that people see the policies of the Biden administration, how they affect their everyday lives, and get them to see, in his policies, that which is real, not what they may hear on social media. One of the focus group people talked about social media and the misrepresentation, disinformation, all of those things are out there, and that’s the battle that we have to fight, and we’ve got to do a better job of fighting it more effectively.”

He added that Biden should compare his record on the economy to Trump’s and argue that he could do more if he had more Democrats in Congress while acknowledging people have problems.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/04/11/biden-co-chair-clyburn-people-must-see-real-on-economy-not-disinfo-401ks-not-about-peoples-everyday-lives/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
401(k)s are not about people’s everyday lives.

Well douche nozzle, it sure is to me and a whole lot of Boomers and other retirees.

Clyburn is an idiot.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Polly Ticks

Who are you going to believe? Biden and Clyburn, or your own lying eyes?
You can bet your sweet bippy my 401K is VERY important to me and part of my everyday life.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline LMAO

Meanwhile, outside of Clyburn’s bubble, Inflation numbers came in hot again for March

And I doubt he even knows what a  401(k) is
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 01:27:18 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online cato potatoe

What prompted this remark?  I watched the clip, and it still made no sense. 

I can hardly wait for other court-mandated Clyburns to reppuhsent Louisiana, Alabama, and Georgia. 

Online Polly Ticks

What prompted this remark?  I watched the clip, and it still made no sense. 

They only have a couple of options in their playbook.  It' has to be either racism or "misinformation", and since everyone's 401K is being affected no matter what their skin color, it must be misinformation. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline LMAO

They only have a couple of options in their playbook.  It' has to be either racism or "misinformation", and since everyone's 401K is being affected no matter what their skin color, it must be misinformation.

Our hospital has many employees of different races and they are all enrolled in 401(k)s
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Polly Ticks

Our hospital has many employees of different races and they are all enrolled in 401(k)s
Exactly.