Author Topic: Doña Ana County to prosecute migrant smugglers on state crimes  (Read 101 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Doña Ana County to prosecute migrant smugglers on state crimes
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Apr 9, 2024 / 02:26 PM CDT

Updated: Apr 9, 2024 / 11:32 PM CDT

Dona Ana County DA partners with Border Patrol to identify child endangerment, extortion, reckless driving and violence against migrants

SUNLAND PARK, New Mexico (Border Report) – Doña Ana County has become one of the nation’s hotspots for migrant smuggling and fatalities.

The U.S. Border Patrol says 90% of the 149 migrant deaths reported in the El Paso Sector last year occurred in the desert of Southern New Mexico. Bodies often are found a couple of hundred yards away from emergency rescue beacons smugglers told migrants not to activate to call for help if injured or dehydrated. Vehicles loaded with migrants that crash at high speeds on the streets of El Paso, Texas, often started their flight in Doña Ana County’s southernmost tip.

That’s why New Mexico’s 3rd Judicial District Attorney’s Office has decided to help the federal government in the prosecution of state offenses committed by criminals associated with smuggling organizations.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/dona-ana-county-to-prosecute-migrant-smugglers-on-state-crimes/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson